Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

combat prediction factors

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> combat prediction factors Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
combat prediction factors - 11/20/2016 1:47:35 PM   
gwgardner

see attached. Please advise concerning the factors shown in the combat prediction box. Please include other possible symbols/codes that I haven't shown here.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: combat prediction factors - 11/20/2016 2:29:02 PM   
jimkehn

Good question. Inquiring minds wanna know.

(in reply to gwgardner)
Post #: 2
RE: combat prediction factors - 11/20/2016 3:27:21 PM   
IxleChidax

Hi. So if you right click on a unit then click properties you will see the attack values and defense values for the unit and at the very bottom it shows the unit target type.

The pictures you provided shows combat modifiers.
The letters are abbreviations for these Attack and Defense types mentioned above.

For example HA would be Hard Attack modifier. HD would equal Hard Defense modifier.

As for the SBD you refer to, that is actually a number and letters.
Instead of S it's a 5 so it would be (+1.5 DB) where DB is abbreviation for Defense Bonus.

(in reply to gwgardner)
Post #: 3
RE: combat prediction factors - 11/20/2016 3:30:39 PM   
balto

Great question, I bought this minutes ago. Here is what I have so far. Page 17 and 88 touch on some of this. Page 17 touches on that predicted losses so in the above, the first predicts defender loses 1 point and the Attacker zero. And next one is the attacker loses 1 and defender zero.

The HA (Hard Attack) and HD (Hard Defense) is on page 88. In the example above a tank is firing at a tank - so HA vs HD.

The RED TANK arrow means prepared attack (page 20) which grants 25% Boost in Readiness and the -20% is due to the river crossing (wavy lines).

Page 28 has your second example and shows this screen is you are using Air vs Ground. But at this stage, it does not explain what the DB is. Another difficult screen is on page 60 of the manual. It brings in 'TD' and other similar mysterious numbers possibly due to artillery, none of which are explained.

Page 63 has yet another example of mysterious combat predictions (BD+AntiAir, etc..,).

Can someone help us out here?

Thanks

(in reply to jimkehn)
Post #: 4
RE: combat prediction factors - 11/20/2016 3:36:11 PM   
IxleChidax

Most of these abbreviations are referenced from the unit properties screen under attack and defense values. TD equals Tank Defense. DB is Defense Bonus which I believe is a unit stat.

(in reply to balto)
Post #: 5
RE: combat prediction factors - 11/20/2016 3:46:45 PM   
balto

If possible, could you walk us thru the math on one of the examples in the manual? Possibly page 17 example?

(in reply to balto)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> combat prediction factors Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI