Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: example

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Scenario Design and Modding >> RE: example Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: example - 10/12/2017 1:19:10 AM   
Taxman66

I renamed all the media files in the My Games/SC.../Campaigns/1939 Campaign with Counters and Flags Mod/Media folder to have '_M' amended to the end of files. There are only 29 files (i.e. these are just the ones from Astrocat's attachment above.

Then I went to the My Games/SC.../Campaigns/1939 Campaign with Counters and Flags Mod/Scripts/Events/popup folder and copied it, renaming it to popup-Original
I went into the popup file (without the -original rename) and searched for the 29 files adding the '_M' to the end of the filename (not the .png file designation obviously).
The following files in the media folder were not in the popup script:
free_indian_legion1.png; germanystartmessage1940 thru 1944.png; guernsey.png; norway_2.png; rommel.png
*I can only assume they are not used in the base 1939 campaign*

I started the game, started a new game with the mod and got the original germanystartmessage.png and not the germanystartmessage_M.png I was expecting.
I didn't play any further to see if the issue is now just what Oxford guy reported about just the startmessage being off. *I'll amend this post later after I find out*

Anyway, you have my gratitude for the help sPzAbt653! (or do you prefer Steve?)
It's not that big a deal one way or the other, I just like to keep things consistent.

"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 61
RE: example - 10/13/2017 12:50:44 AM   
Magpius

Hi, not sure why the thread was dredged up.
Will probably finish off this counter mod, once the (teaching) year winds up.
A got distracted by trying my hand at an A.H map mod, (as the unit mods produced are excellent), Tactics II or D-Day circa 1974... ie stripped right back to basics.

But then real life got in the way, and so I started fly fishing... instead or staring at pixels, I'm staring at stars.

[magpius...formerly known as Agent S]

(in reply to Taxman66)
Post #: 62
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Scenario Design and Modding >> RE: example Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI