Fantastic MOD Crispy. I love the adjusted OOB. Theresearch levels are just right. I didn't get level 5 jets until November 1944.
Some thoughts after my first full campaign as the Axis:
1. The axis oil shortages are a really nice feature and make the game a bit more realistic but maybe they should start even a little earlier than they do? Early in 1943?
2. I never get the feeling that I am low on manpower as Germany. I would suggest that the number of infantry units available be reduced by about 25%. The Axis should have to depend on their minors more than they do now.
3. The extra AI units given to the British in Egypt are way overkill in my opinion. Even if I commit the ENTIRE Italian army to Egypt the British can usually hold on. I do suggest hampering the Italians a bit more though. Maybe, like the USSR, reduce their attack and defense numbers at start to one less?
4. This is more for the Vanilla game but I consider it quite gamey for the Axis to be able to refuse the Greek Invasion. The Italian attack on Greece should be an automatic. It should be an unexpected blunder move by Mussolini.
5. Finland as a major is great. Maybe Spain as well.
6. Turkey, under Allied pressure, joined the Allies even when Egypt was conquered and the Germans were in the Caucasus. Maybe some scripts to move them away from the Allies if these happen?
7. USSR morale stays abnormally high. There should be harsher morale penalties for the loss of Leningrad, Moscow and Stalingrad.
Just some thoughts.
Thanks for the kind comments and feedback.
1. Axis Oil shortages can occur at anytime from January 1, 1943 onward if conditions are met. If it seemed delayed it may just be because of the variable nature of the events.
2. This is interesting and may make sense given that I had boosted the unit count of Axis minors as well. This will require some additional thought as I don't think the Axis AI repurchases minors, if someone knows the answer to this please correct me.
3. The suggestion to weaken Italian base stats could be the solution to achieving the balance I've artificially been trying to force here with the additional AI units. Thanks for this I'm going to review this.
4. I agree, it hasn't been until recently where I've found delaying Greece to be very advantageous. I think the decision could be amended so that if "NO" is decided then the invasion will still happen but at a random date in the future, which could be even more untimely for the Axis.
5. The problem with Spain as a major is that I could only seeing it work in a alternate history mod, in which Spain is meant to join and some other tweaks would be necessary for balance. I've actually made it difficult for Spain to join the Axis, (which will soon be more difficult as I plan on replicating some of the changes from Vanilla 12.02 as it relates to Spain/Algeria).
6. It costs an incredible amount to have Turkey join the Allies between the decision events and lower diplomacy effectiveness, plus I think this would be a bit of a "win more" move to switch them away from the Allies. Even if it may be somewhat less probable that they would join the Allies at this time, it sounds like it may be good for balance.
7. Yes you are correct, I'll be lowering the effect of one significant event that is largely causing this.