Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

AT-units

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> AT-units Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
AT-units - 11/16/2016 2:30:00 PM   
Uxbridge

I'm getting really close to buying this game, even though I haven't followed the development in depth. I have one nagging suspicion, however. In one of the screenshots (or was it a movie clip?) I noticed an anti-tank unit in the frontline. Pray there's not some stone-scissors-sack-system at work here?? What is that AT-unit?

Post #: 1
RE: AT-units - 11/17/2016 7:05:02 PM   
Uxbridge

Bump!

(in reply to Uxbridge)
Post #: 2
RE: AT-units - 11/17/2016 8:39:49 PM   
Hubert Cater

Hi Uxbridge, to be honest I'm not sure I understand the question but if it is whether or not there are Anti-Tank units in game, then yes they can make an appearance.

Hope this helps,
Hubert

(in reply to Uxbridge)
Post #: 3
RE: AT-units - 11/17/2016 8:48:51 PM   
n0kn0k

It's classified as a lightly armoured unit type.
Good against armour, poor against infantry going by the stats.
Perhaps Hubert and Bill can elaborate a bit more on what sets it apart from other unit types.

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 4
RE: AT-units - 11/17/2016 9:55:29 PM   
Uxbridge

Sorry for being vague, Hubert, I thought it was crystal clear, but reading it with a neutral mind, I see it wasn't. What was my concern was that SC II would have some tank kill infantry/infantry kill AT/AT kill tank logic in the game, and that one had to maneuvre the three around the battlefield in order for them to get at another. What I like to hear is that AT-units are just another infantry unit with an better AT-ability. Otherwise I can't se the point in them, since AT always needs infantry to protect them.

< Message edited by Uxbridge -- 11/17/2016 9:56:47 PM >

(in reply to n0kn0k)
Post #: 5
RE: AT-units - 11/18/2016 5:06:25 PM   
Bill Runacre

Hi Uxbridge

The Anti-Tank units are rare in game and are really representative of concentrations of anti-tank units that can be used to hinder an enemy armoured advance. They do have some capabilities against other units, but that isn't their forte.

Tanks and infantry, with airpower leading the way, are the main battle winners in the game.

Bill

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to Uxbridge)
Post #: 6
RE: AT-units - 11/18/2016 5:47:15 PM   
xwormwood

Hi Uxbridge.

No worries, the game doesn't work like this. You can attack anything with every unit. Even naval units can be attacked by infantry units, at least as long as they're moored at harbor. An AT unit gets slightly better combar results if it starts it round next to a tank unit. But it is not necessary to use them. Infantry units will damage a tank too. If your units hasn't moved before it attacked, it will usually get the best combat results (prepared attack). So it is easy to destroy tanks with infantry attacks (and vice versa). The units not only offer their combat strength values, but unit morale and readiness values, too. Then there are tech levels which influence the combat results. Etc.

The combat systom is not such a logical riddle typle like scissor, paper, stone, nor is the entire game constructed like a riddle (like Battle Academy). You're free in your choices, and not limited by any game strict system like you were afraid of.

< Message edited by Xwormwood -- 11/18/2016 5:49:32 PM >

"You will be dead, so long as you refuse to die" (George MacDonald)

(in reply to Bill Runacre)
Post #: 7
RE: AT-units - 11/18/2016 9:58:02 PM   
Rosseau

Also, remember that you can fine tune a wealth of parameters to your liking in the editor, which is also very intuitive to use (imo).

(in reply to xwormwood)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> AT-units Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI