Schwerpunkt game ????

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

demyansk

Schwerpunkt game ????

Post by demyansk »

Does anyone play this game or tried? I attempted a search but didn't come up with anything

http://schwerpunktgames.com/misc/games/ ... 1939-1945/

Franciscus

RE: Schwerpunkt game ????

Post by Franciscus »

Yes, I have it and enjoy it very much. A "ma and pa" endeavour of immense ambition, a grognard's dream/nightmare [:D]

Not for the faint hearted, lots of scenarios, from the small to the gargantuan, some being developed still. A somewhat "clunky" interface that is not like any other, but a very good game, IMHO

The current site can be found here:

http://schwerpunktgames.com

Regards
Former AJE team member
Grim.Reaper

Post by Grim.Reaper »

Direct link to their forums where seems most discussed.

http://dogsofwarvu.com/forum/index.php/board,116.0.html
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Thanks guys for the quick reply. I had the Russo - German disk at one time and I have no clue about what happened to it. I never throw anything away!!! I wish I could get a replacement for it.
Franciscus

Post by Franciscus »

If I were you I would contact Ron Dockal. He seems to be a fine person and probably keeps a record of buyers of his games.
His mail: schwerpt@gmail.com

Regards
Former AJE team member
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Thanks Fransicus
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

May I suggest to read this thread for some feedback on this game?
tm.asp?m=4170819
Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Thanks ncc for the link
Blond_Knight

Post by Blond_Knight »

ORIGINAL: ncc1701e

May I suggest to read this thread for some feedback on this game?
tm.asp?m=4170819

Let me chime in. Since that thread Ive bought RGW, AGW, and WW2E from Schwerpunkt.
The GUI in WW2E is a little different, maybe better than AGW. At this time WW2E doesnt have all the features that AGW has, like air interdiction. Nor have the scenario files been released yet for WW2E so you cant create your own scenarios.
Yes the games are kinda clunky. Yes changing unit HQ's can be a PITA. Yes I miss the Commanders report from WITE/W. But I think they're fun. They very much remind me of playing the Avalon Hill monster game "The Longest Day".
Id suggest buying AGW first before WW2E, since its half the price. If you dont like it you're only out about $25 instead of $50.
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

On my side after reading this thread about WW2E, I have installed WITE on my new computer to give it a new try. My old computer was so awful in terms of performance to run it that I gave up. Just hope to have enough time now to play WITE.
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Thanks guys for the link to Ron. I got the game and now need to figure the UI. Any suggestions on Russo German war
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

Please let us know your feedback on WW2E, always interesting to know what others think.

Thanks
lecrop

Post by lecrop »

I love Schwerpunkt's wargames, maximum boardgame flavour on computer, IMHO with only two concerns:

-No PBEM password protection (now on TODO list for 1.09 patch)
-No opp turn replay, a pain particularly on big scenarios

And I want to highlight a mention for its developer Ron Dockal, always attentive to the requests of users.

MrsWargamer

Post by MrsWargamer »

AGW is usually the game I always wish I could play.

Board game looking and with no apologies given :) The game I dreamed of existing in the early 80s. No massive warehouse needing map monster game.

Granted in 1980 the notion of owning a computer had not entered my thinking.
Wargame, 05% of the time.
Play with Barbies 05% of the time.
Play with Legos 10% of the time.
Build models 20% of the time
Shopping 60% of the time.
Exlains why I buy em more than I play em.
major.pain

Post by major.pain »

I took a punt on WWIIE earlier in the year and after a dozen or so hours learning the terrible totally not user friendly UI i uninstalled it.

Recently reinstalled the game and have played a few more hours, played a couple of the small scenarios from both sided a couple of times to see how things have improved this year with updates ect.
It is still beyond clunky to play, i don't see much in the way of the UI being addressed yet at all, it feels like an old C64 game UI wise still.

As i understand it the dev has been working on AI, bug fixes, scenarios ect reading through the patch notes but i cant really tell the difference between 12 months ago and now seen as how i only gave it a short time 12 months ago before uninstalling.

For example even if you compare the usability of it to say TOAWIII which is an old game TOAWIII feels light years ahead UI wise.

The game plays like an old Avalon Hill cardboard hex and counter game, with step losses, limited attacks, exploitation movement ect which does really hit the nail on the head but to get to the goodness is an exercise in fighting the UI which fights you harder than your opponent lol.

The small scenarios are bearable because you can kind of remember where your units are and don't need to rely on the UI much for the detail but i would not even attempt a Medium/Large scenario as is without a proper OOB i could navigate around or Reports that i could click on to take me to the location on the map detailed in the report without having to manually search for the XY coordinates myself ect.

Is it a bad game, no, but it does feel like its in Alpha or very very early just this week moved into Beta stage of development right now so if you buy expect clunky :)

Return to “General Discussion”