Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: General Patton v. Larry Fulkerson Scenario #76

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: General Patton v. Larry Fulkerson Scenario #76 Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Patton v. Larry Fulkerson Scenario #76 - 12/12/2016 5:14:06 AM   
larryfulkerson

New moves from Brian. Hey you guys, Brian said in an email that his depression is pretty heavy again and I'm going to call him
tomorrow morning but I'm hoping I can get you guys to pray for him, that he can shake off this depression thing and be mearly
miserable again. You know, normal.

I've watched the combat replay and went through the Tracker info and now I'm tinkering and I've discovered that my Jake production
came to a screeching halt last night because of the lack of engines. I wasn't watching close enough and that one slipped past my
attention. I've doubled the output of the Ha-33 to try to build enough and then some for the pools but that won't get me out of the
bottom of the production curve for another week or so. D'oh.

Attachment (1)

In the dictionary under the word traitor there's a picture of Trump.

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 151
RE: General Patton v. Larry Fulkerson Scenario #76 - 12/12/2016 10:39:44 AM   
adarbrauner

quote:

ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson

New moves from Brian.......I landed in force at Ndeni. There's nothing there, no port, no airfield and worst of all I didn't bring any
engineers to build stuff. I'll have to make a second trip for that. There's no fuel there and what supplies are there are those I'm
unloading. This should be enough for about 5K in supplies. Obviously Ndeni is going to need more than that. So there's a
third trip to be made for that. I may as well establish a new sub base here as well. When it gets built up substantially.

Arn't you going to waste too much for this island?

Is it instrumental to or part of your plan?

Otherwise, couldn't you just place there tender to support advanced recon, or are you planning to make of it an airbase to raid or check enemy's shipping?

Post #: 152
RE: General Patton v. Larry Fulkerson Scenario #76 - 12/12/2016 11:01:05 AM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: adarbrauner
quote:

ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson
New moves from Brian.......I landed in force at Ndeni. There's nothing there, no port, no airfield and worst of all I didn't bring any
engineers to build stuff. I'll have to make a second trip for that. There's no fuel there and what supplies are there are those I'm
unloading. This should be enough for about 5K in supplies. Obviously Ndeni is going to need more than that. So there's a
third trip to be made for that. I may as well establish a new sub base here as well. When it gets built up substantially.

Aren't you going to waste too much for this island?

Probably. There's a lot of supply to be spent for a port and an airfield. But the location is ideal for a Mavis base. And I could run
a sub base out of there.

quote:

Is it instrumental to or part of your plan?

I don't really have a plan. I've been playing this by ear almost since it started. I'm using history as a rough guide but I'm mostly
invading places I think I'm going to need or those places that have RES or oil. There's several RES centers in the small islands
just south of PI and I'm getting a lot from them and moving it to Hong Kong or Babeldoab.

quote:

Otherwise, couldn't you just place there tender to support advanced recon, or are you planning to make of it an airbase to raid or check enemy's shipping?

That's a good idea. Just move an AVP or AV or CS there to support some planes and an AKE for rearming the warships and maybe
an AG to help repair the damage. Some AO's for fuel. And a SCTF to protect them then I could raid enemy bases from there. I still
like the idea of a semi-permanent base better though.

(in reply to adarbrauner)
Post #: 153
RE: General Patton v. Larry Fulkerson Scenario #76 - 12/13/2016 8:54:48 PM   
Andav

Hey Larry,

So I was browsing around and ran across this engine worksheet from Kull in the War Room. I thought it might be useful. http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3200810

His post is found in this Beginners Link post which also might be useful to you: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2576157&mpage=1&key=

Wa

Edit: fixed the hyper link and stupid spelling errors

< Message edited by Andav -- 12/13/2016 8:56:22 PM >

Post #: 154
RE: General Patton v. Larry Fulkerson Scenario #76 - 12/13/2016 9:02:27 PM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andav
Hey Larry,

So I was browsing around and ran across this engine worksheet from Kull in the War Room. I thought it might be useful. http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3200810

His post is found in this Beginners Link post which also might be useful to you: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2576157&mpage=1&key=

Wa

Edit: fixed the hyper link and stupid spelling errors

You're a golden resource Wa dude. Thanks soooooooo much. I'll put it to good use.

"Um.......there's been an incident"
[ movie line from "The Game" hotel manager to protagonist ]

Brian seems to have burned out and needs a break. He and I thought we'd try a game of TOAW IV Directive 21 v. 3.6 with
Brian as the Axis. He's putting his first turn moves together as we speak. So it's been fun here but I gotta go.

(in reply to Andav)
Post #: 155
RE: General Patton v. Larry Fulkerson Scenario #76 - 12/14/2016 8:04:26 AM   
paradigmblue

Would you be interested in someone picking up the allies so the game can continue?

Post #: 156
RE: General Patton v. Larry Fulkerson Scenario #76 - 12/14/2016 9:53:20 AM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: paradigmblue
Would you be interested in someone picking up the allies so the game can continue?

Unfortunately my RL comitments proclude any additional PBEM games on my part but I can send you the
relevant files and any two other people can continue this particular game, that would be fine. Thanks for
the idea though, it's a good one. I'm sort of loyal to Brian because he's taught me a lot about the
game and I feel like I owe him a favor so I'm dedicating myself to giving him a good game whatever we
play. He's a good guy from what I can tell over the internet wires. We've spoken on the phone, mostly
me asking where his moves are. He's a busy guy with his thumb in a lot of pies. He's got a lot of irons
in the fire. There's a lot on his plate. There's no monkey on his back with this guy. Okay that one might
not make much sense. And from what Brian tells me you're a pretty good guy too. Thanks for asking.

(in reply to paradigmblue)
Post #: 157
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: General Patton v. Larry Fulkerson Scenario #76 Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI