Mine Laying Area

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

adarbrauner

Mine Laying Area

Post by adarbrauner »

Hello to all;

I think i am experiencing the unlikely feature of a minelaying task force, dropping the precious load on its way rather than at the chosen destination.

Is this the case?
BBfanboy

RE: Mine Laying Area

Post by BBfanboy »

You should describe the circumstance better but, yes, in some circumstance that can happen if:

1. You have set the TF to "Lay Mines"
2. Before it gets to the target hex it encounters an enemy threat and decides to return to home port, where it will lay the mines at that port.

Is that what happened in your case?
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

I once had such a TF on the way to an enemy port to lay mines when I spotted a cruiser force there and decided to wait until they left, so I set a destination in the middle of the ocean as a waiting area. I didn't turn off "Lay Mines" so they did, in the middle of the ocean. [:D] I still hoped maybe something of his might pass through that hex but it was deep water and my mines didn't last long. [:(]

BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

I once had such a TF on the way to an enemy port to lay mines when I spotted a cruiser force there and decided to wait until they left, so I set a destination in the middle of the ocean as a waiting area. I didn't turn off "Lay Mines" so they did, in the middle of the ocean. [:D] I still hoped maybe something of his might pass through that hex but it was deep water and my mines didn't last long. [:(]
This is known as "finger trouble", or for gorns "claw cramps".
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
adarbrauner

Post by adarbrauner »

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

You should describe the circumstance better but, yes, in some circumstance that can happen if:

2. Before it gets to the target hex it encounters an enemy threat and decides to return to home port, where it will lay the mines at that port.

No, none of the above; actually, I was misled by the "mine" icon shown alongside a mining TF as a default (I later realized...)
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

If you have "lay mines" set and then set a destination point at sea that is not the target for you mines, the mines will be laid at the destination point. I have managed to do this a few time. I generally turn off the lay mines command until I am one turn away from my target. Got to remember to turn it back on though. Done that too..[;)]
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: adarbrauner

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

No, none of the above; actually, I was misleaded by the "mine" icon shown alongside a mining TF as a default (I later realized...)
This is not finger trouble. As crsutton hints, it is a "brain fart". Everyone has them but usually they pretend it never happened ...

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”