Organization Files

Moderator: Jason Petho

Big Ivan

Organization Files

Post by Big Ivan »

Jason,

Just a bit curious about two issues in CSME.

First, what was the reasoning behind including (foot) HQ's plus a transport rather than (motorized) HQ's for Battalions, Brigades etc. especially in Mechanized Units?

Second, why were there no leaders embedded in the organizations such as is in JTCS? Off the cuff I'm thinking it might be a legal issue of some type.

Thanks
John [:)]
Blitz call sign Big Ivan.
Jason Petho

RE: Organization Files

Post by Jason Petho »

Good day, John!
First, what was the reasoning behind including (foot) HQ's plus a transport rather than (motorized) HQ's for Battalions, Brigades etc. especially in Mechanized Units?

Realism, for the most part.

The vehicles in most of the armies were merely transport and very rarely did an army have a completely mobile command centre - especially the lower rated countries (all the command group in vehicles, fully mobile).

An advantage of having the infantry style headquarters is their ability to be placed in an urban area and/or bunker and gain the defensive benefits.
Second, why were there no leaders embedded in the organizations such as is in JTCS? Off the cuff I'm thinking it might be a legal issue of some type.

Yes, that was the primary reason.

I will add some "unit named" leaders in the historical organizations in a future UPDATE though, as a scenario designer I know how tedious it is to add individual leaders into the lower level structures.
Big Ivan

Post by Big Ivan »

Hey thanks Jason!

Never thought about the defensive benefit for foot HQ units, makes a little more sense now.

As for the leader issue I imported over some of the name files from the original DG and it worked w/o a glitch. However I find myself as of recent abandoning that avenue &
numbering battalions and then designating the leader. As an example: [CO 3rd Bn/5th Bgde] which in its full would be "Commanding Office 3rd Battalion/ 5th Brigade."
Seen a number of renditions of this format throughout the years.

Good stuff in all the CS games. Personally I like adding leaders. Gives a sort of personalization to the battle at hand not to mention a little play benefit.

Thanks again![;)]

John
Blitz call sign Big Ivan.
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

I've been using this format:

17th/6th Infantry - 17th Infantry Battalion/6th Brigade

352nd/12th Brigade - 352nd Infantry Battalion/12th Brigade

Etc.

Spartan7

Post by Spartan7 »

Having trouble with the OOB editor.
I want to change the vehicle type within an existing OOB Organization. Is there a simple way to do this?
I have tried to move the org. I want from the left (Avaialble orgs) to the right (Existing). The new add goes to the bottom of the list on the right. When I move it up it goes to the top of the list. Say I want to add a new company to an existing battalion. The new company only goes to the bottom or top. How do I "insert" it into a particular battalion.

Thanks
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

This should help

Attachments
Editor_how_to.jpg
Editor_how_to.jpg (138.64 KiB) Viewed 124 times
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

4 put it under the correct battalion