We have a new update ready for Public Beta. If you have registered your copy of War in the West, you can download the latest beta update from our Members Club.
This updates the base War in the West and the Operation Torch expansion.
New Features and Rule Changes
1. Editor - Added the ability to see insignia art in the editor for ground units (like the air units).
2. Improved function which cleans plane structure.
3. Clarification – It’s been noted that a motorized unit can have a greater percentage of its max MPs than it has a percentage need for fuel. This is not a bug. Since units can be refueled during movement, this is possible. The unit will get an emergency resupply of fuel if it runs out of fuel as it moves. The shortage of fuel (and vehicles) can impact the unit’s starting MPs, but if it has MPs, it will get the emergency resupply if needed.
4. Added warning/confirmation message when trying to rebuild air groups with all zero ready/damaged/reserve percentage.
1. Fixed a movement calculation bug that was preventing players from being able to move units to some hexes they should be able to reach (had to do with movement over rivers).
2. Fixed EF screen appearance.
3. EF box units weren't getting replacements under some conditions (till first invasion or splitting of some units). Fixed.
4. Fixed unit supply bug in EFB where EFB units were not getting supply.
5. Fixed air group CR screen (duplicate All in filter removed, East Front units properly listed).
6. Scenario check utility in WITW should now ignore Soviet units.
7. Fixed air group CR screen.
8. Fixed several air group transfer bugs: a. incorrectly calculated transfer distances b. incorrectly calculated mileage c. source and destination air bases could be the same.
9. Units in refit mode were getting full replacements when in any depot hex (that had enough freight). This should only happen in national supply source depots. Fixed.
10. Available air groups for each model of aircraft are not displayed correctly in production screen. Fixed.
11. Editor - Build Size % and Build Ready % functions in the Editor/Ground unit menu are buggy. Fixed.
12. In limited production scenarios 100% of fuel of consumed. Fixed.
13. Fixed replacement bug, when empty items in non-native OB slots are not receiving replacements.
14. Fixed unit/OB slot selection routine.
15. Fixed small ground element replacement bug.
16. Fixed CR unit tab/received supply sorting display bug.
17. Game hangs up during Allied AI movement phase. Fixed.
18. Fixed map factory icon appearance in air planning and city recon display modes.
19. Fixed CR air group type filter ALL/NONE buttons.
20. Adjusted OB-Unit mapping system and hooked it to the replacement code.
21. Fixed air group load out display.
22. Unable to access map editor in some earlier versions. Fixed.
Data and Scenario Changes
1. Corrected 9 of the generic data files that had been corrupted. These files are only used when modding so they had no impact on scenarios.
2. Changes in ob and ground data files: a) Moved the introduction date of the Commonwealth Pioneer Section from 1/44 to 7/43. b) All Sherman IIC Fireflies have been replaced with Sherman IC Fireflies in the TOE file. c) Corrected Motor Section in British Armored Car Regiment to earlier section. d) Corrected Scout Section in Free French Commando Battalion to earlier section.
3. Fixed some Allied unit OBs that were using the wrong nationality support squads. In addition, the Gurkha brigade is now an Indian Brigade with Indian support.
4. Changed 3 aircraft photos and added a new aircraft photo.
5. Changes to Scenarios: a. Some mismatched nation support squads fixed across all scenarios b. 1944 campaigns, Breaching Gothic, B&P, Op Diadem: added two missing german SP Flak factories to Frankfurt/Main and Cottbus, producing either 10/4, 251/17 or 251/21. c. In certain scenarios the air unit Stab/JG 5 was changed from wrong Staffel size to correct Schwarm size d. Some invalid HHQs fixed in campaigns e. Some organization changes to German StuG units to ensure some get a special organization and others don't f. 4th Supreme Command adapted to new ground element/OB files, some minor HHQ issues fixed g. 540 RAF Rec Sqn was mistakenly set up as naval-only in GC 43 and 4th SC h. GC45 - Invalid Sherman IIC Firefly replaced by IC in some units, most changed to VCI.(Pzj)/SG 9: disabled, formed from multiple existing units i. Changed/Added depots to ensure Freight deliveries to distant/island bases