Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: If you could add one feature...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Requested Features and Ideas >> RE: If you could add one feature... Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: If you could add one feature... - 2/13/2019 3:40:43 PM   
IronMikeGolf

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zackree

The current model ignores the difference between a long range front shot that has almost no possibility of a kill and a flank or rear shot with a high probability of a kill.

Well, not really, but you, the player don't currently get a lot of information about the shots. And that is because or goal is to give your a feel for what it is like at the Battalion and Brigade/Regiment level of command.

The times that we adjudicate a shot as non-frontal is most often tied to whether the target unit is surprised. And that is because AFV crews are trained to immediately put frontal armor towards the enemy. What we need to do better is accounting for a unit being engaged from multiple directions simultaneously and we are working towards addressing that.

The other case is engaging a moving unit that continues to move on its original path. That is a consequence of Assault movement. We're looking at that, too.

Jeff
Sua Sponte

(in reply to Zackree)
Post #: 91
RE: If you could add one feature... - 2/14/2019 12:43:14 AM   
CapnDarwin

Let me see if I can catch up on a few things people have stated.

1. Engineering. We are planning to improve on the abstraction from Red Storm to have a set number of assets to end bridge spam and also to have those items show up on the map better when in use. Bridges for stream/river crossings and Engineers for clearing obstacles and making improved positions.

2. In general, many improvements to how command and control and orders and some new SOPs to help both the player and AI use units with better fidelity and realism.

3. Random map maker or a map maker tool in general. Not going to happen for some time if at all. William has done a great job of documenting the map making process and if you look at it there is no easy way to make a user-friendly hit a button and make appears program. Not right now at least. That is the tradeoff of doing real-world locations versus old school SSI map generations. Sorry, there no better answer.

4. Battle generator. Like the map maker in #3, we did not build the game to be a skirmish mode type game. We are looking at a number of additions in scenario making that will allow for quicker construction of scenarios and we are hoping to have some tools worked out that will allow players to swap out gear easier. Maybe down the road when the game is stable and we have worked through some of the expansions we can revisit the means to build on the fly scenarios.

5. Improvements in our combat model and the information provided to the player are on our list of things to do for the new game engine. We want the game to tell a deeper story and the player to be able to get at the information they need easier. Always a challenge to have a UI that is informative but not overwhelming.

There will be a number of changes in the look and feel of the new game engine. Hopefully, in the not too distant future, we can start showing and telling in more detail. We are working on getting a dedicated web design/support person going and that will speed up our ability to talk more about development.

Work on Southern Storm continues! Very busy times right now.

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to StuccoFresco)
Post #: 92
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Requested Features and Ideas >> RE: If you could add one feature... Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI