Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Quick one

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Quick one Page: [1]
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Quick one - 10/1/2016 11:48:11 PM   

First turn grand campaign as allies... What do you do with carrier air groups? Do you draw pilots from reserve with 40 XP or something else?
Post #: 1
RE: Quick one - 10/2/2016 1:09:39 AM   

Welcome to AE.

The only CV you have in port is the Saratoga I believe. I fill out the pilots with whats available, along with the airframes. Then I set the Squadrons to 100% training in their required areas. Some will say 100% increases fat./stress on airframes and Pilots, there right but I find the training goes faster and I have yet to lose anyone or thing. Maybe one or two. But it's worth it....GP

Intel i7 3.4GHz,8GB Ram,1920x1080 rez

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DW Series-Beta Tester
TotS-Alpha Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

I don't like paying for the same real estate twice..Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to Viking67)
Post #: 2
RE: Quick one - 10/2/2016 1:35:17 AM   

Viking-You could scan some of your land based USN pilots to see if there are better ones to fill out the CV crews with... I can say I have never sat down and earnestly played as allies so unsure what assets might allow you to send to reserves and then add to your CV squadrons. The IJN has a handful of squadrons I can scavenge pilots from to fill out missing pilots.

GP- speaking as an IJN player, it is a rare sight indeed to lose any planes or pilots at 100% training for me. The only drawback I have found is the airframes do take a lot of fatigue build up. This is easily remedied with a periodic extra few days of rest. Not at all a big concern I think. After the crews have trained up a good bit and assuming its a squadron I need in action(and they still need more training like with ASW squadrons), I still retain around 30% training and this seems to keep the serious fatigue and morale issues from occurring due to heavy sortie actions.

"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." - Arthur C. Clarke

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Quick one Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI