Americcan pro football2016

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Zap

Americcan pro football2016

Post by Zap »

I have been watching my Chicago Bears. Its going to be a long Season!!!!

I like some of the games with the close scores this year. Too bad for the distraction.
Orm

RE: Americcan pro football2016

Post by Orm »

Its going to be a long Season!!!!
It is going to be a boring season since I can't watch it.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
Zap

Post by Zap »

ORIGINAL: Orm

Feel for you but you have Hockey coming up. Hope your a hockey fan.
Orm

Post by Orm »

ORIGINAL: Zap

Thank you.

I was a hockey fan but not any longer. They messed up the hockey league here, in my humble opinion that is.

I take some comfort that there still a month left of the soccer season. When it ended I used to turn to American Football but that ended because it became to popular here so now they charge a small fortune for it.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
terje439

Post by terje439 »

that ended because it became to popular here so now they charge a small fortune for it.

Same here [:(]
"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")
Gilmer

Post by Gilmer »

I was born in Massachusetts, so my team is the Patriots. They aren't doing too badly.
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
Max 86

Post by Max 86 »

ORIGINAL: H Gilmer

I was born in Massachusetts, so my team is the Patriots. They aren't doing too badly.

"Yeah, tell me about it" Houston Texans fans said!
No problem Chief!
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

Thank you.

I was a hockey fan but not any longer. They messed up the hockey league here, in my humble opinion that is.

I take some comfort that there still a month left of the soccer season. When it ended I used to turn to American Football but that ended because it became to popular here so now they charge a small fortune for it.

Orm, buddy, you are welcome to come to my place on Sundays. I'll make nachos!
Zap

Post by Zap »

Nachos! [:D] Put A little more effort into it there Chickenboy. At least warm up some buffalo wings.
Orm

Post by Orm »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Thank you.

Orm, buddy, you are welcome to come to my place on Sundays. I'll make nachos!
Thank you. [&o] [:)]

The journey, unfortunately, is a bit to long. [:(]
Orm

Post by Orm »

Nachos! [:D] Put A little more effort into it there Chickenboy. At least warm up some buffalo wings.
Nachos sounds wonderful. [:)]

Although I have never tried buffalo wings. [:)]
Zorch

Post by Zorch »

Nachos sounds wonderful. [:)]

Although I have never tried buffalo wings. [:)]
Buffalo Wings are harvested from the very rare and exotic Flying Buffalo.

Attachments
buffalo.jpg
buffalo.jpg (98.71 KiB) Viewed 161 times
Frido1207

Post by Frido1207 »

I have been watching my Chicago Bears. Its going to be a long Season!!!!
What happened to your Bears? I thought they would further improve from last season, but they seem to move in the wrong direction.
I like some of the games with the close scores this year.
This. And the fact that several top rated teams already took a beating (except for NE & Den).

@Orm and Terje: I don`t know what you have to pay. Here in Germany, American Football is somewhat popular, but I pay less than 20 €/monthly. So I enjoy watching the two games on Sunday that are broadcasted if my time permits. Even the wife knows already some players (Oh, that's Tim Brady (sic) ). Only awful thing I have to endure is the german commentary.

The only thing I really regret is, that I didn´t had the chance to play Football by myself in my youth.

Zap

Post by Zap »

The Bears are embarrassing, with the terrible quarter back. The management tried to convince fans he was good.

Fortunately, I follow other teams. To be too loyal a fan of Chicago teams would bring on depression.
Gilmer

Post by Gilmer »

The Bears are embarrassing, with the terrible quarter back. The management tried to convince fans he was good.

Fortunately, I follow other teams. To be too loyal a fan of Chicago teams would bring on depression.

He's does great when everything is perfect. Protection, running, etc. When one thing goes wrong, he completely devolves. Quarterback observers, professional coaches and former players, say his mechanics are terrible and its too late in his career to change him. I think Chicago moves on from him after this year.
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
Zap

Post by Zap »

I thought they signed him last year to a multi-year contract?
wings7

Post by wings7 »

I thought they signed him last year to a multi-year contract?

It depends on his contract but many players are released (of course they would try to trade him first).
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

Yes, Cutler is subpar in so many ways for the Bears. But their Defense is truly terrible this year (and last). Forcing the offense out of a conservative gameplan into a shootout because the Defense gave up 30 points forces some bad gameplay sometimes.

Now how about my 'boys? Dak Prescott is looking very impressive and poised for a rookie QB. Very nice to see. [8D]
Zorch

Post by Zorch »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Yes, Cutler is subpar in so many ways for the Bears. But their Defense is truly terrible this year (and last). Forcing the offense out of a conservative gameplan into a shootout because the Defense gave up 30 points forces some bad gameplay sometimes.

Now how about my 'boys? Dak Prescott is looking very impressive and poised for a rookie QB. Very nice to see. [8D]
Their defense was decent today, in a 17-14 win, sans Cutler.
Titanwarrior89

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

I've watched NFL/AFL = then NFL all my life. The game is not the same. Something is missing. I think College football(Watched just as long as NFL) is a better game to watch than the pro's. A lot more colorful and just plain better games.

Still waiting, on that one real "Super Bowl" game. Just my Nickel
s worth.
"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"

Return to “General Discussion”