Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Population Tactics

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Population Tactics Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Population Tactics - 9/26/2016 12:32:39 PM   
Farfarer

In an AAR I suggested Starvation, while Pelton advocates ( if a read rightly) city capture, regrowth, then second capture, with a second population loss as being better. I can see the latter for Moscow and population centres that will change hands in 41 and 42, but not for say Lvov which which stay in Axis hands for 3 years, but happy to learn otherwise.
I do not question, merely seek enlightenment, as I am not a good player :)
Post #: 1
RE: Population Tactics - 9/26/2016 2:54:29 PM   
M60A3TTS

Since Soviet population multipliers have been brought down in later years, there is no reason to come up with new rules to reduce it further.

And I saw the notice in the forum that you are not a good player. My condolences.

< Message edited by M60A3TTS -- 9/26/2016 3:14:14 PM >

(in reply to Farfarer)
Post #: 2
RE: Population Tactics - 9/27/2016 11:44:31 AM   
Pelton

quote:

ORIGINAL: Farfarer

In an AAR I suggested Starvation, while Pelton advocates ( if a read rightly) city capture, regrowth,
then second capture, with a second population loss as being better. I can see the latter for Moscow and population centres that will change hands in 41 and 42, but not for say Lvov which which stay in Axis hands for 3 years, but happy to learn otherwise.
I do not question, merely seek enlightenment, as I am not a good player :)

Morveal has done a great job, the game is 100% historical when it comes to manpower over all.

Leningrad was starved and many cities like Kharkov over run 3 times.

I personally believe the best tactic in the area of manpower is to over run as many points as possible as quickly as possible not starving or over running points over and over.

Over run them as fast as possible and hold then as in the screen shot below.

Play based on your skills or lack of, not your skill exploiting or tring to exploit.

So I believe the current system works fine and I see no need like your self to try and exploit the current system.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Pelton -- 9/27/2016 11:45:53 AM >

Beta Tester WitW & WitE

(in reply to Farfarer)
Post #: 3
RE: Population Tactics - 9/27/2016 9:34:41 PM   
Farfarer

Good to know. Thanks. Whenever I see the Dneipr crossed, Kharkov gets emptied...well, except for the people, that is the Axis' responsibility :)

(in reply to Pelton)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Population Tactics Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI