I Spy

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

1EyedJacks

I Spy

Post by 1EyedJacks »

Something big, red, and round. What is it?
TTFN,

Mike
Lokasenna

RE: I Spy

Post by Lokasenna »

A button that used to be green.
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: 1EyedJacks

Something big, red, and round. What is it?
warspite1

Er....A meatball?

Attachments
A6M2Zero.jpg
A6M2Zero.jpg (20.02 KiB) Viewed 605 times
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

The sun in 5 billion years when it swells up and swallows the earth. Did you know that 95% of the stars out there are smaller than our sun?

Less massive, I meant

wdolson

Post by wdolson »

Seeing Betelgeuse?

The small stars might be in part because the larger the star, the shorter its life. A G type star like ours has an average life of about 10 billion years, but a tiny M class can have a lifetime of 200 billion years. A giant like Sirius A only has a lifetime of 1 billion years. A super giant may only last 10 million years.

Many smaller stars have lifetimes longer than the age of the universe, which means some of the original stars might still be going. Living in the neighborhood of a super giant would probably not allow much life to get going. Just as life gets going the star 50 LY away super novas and wipes out the neighborhood.
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

The God of War?

Attachments
Mars.jpg
Mars.jpg (24.13 KiB) Viewed 605 times
MakeeLearn

Post by MakeeLearn »

DODGE..DIP...DIVE...DUCK... OR... DODGE!!!

IT'S A DODGEBALL HEADING RIGHT TOWARD YOU!!!

witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

The God of War?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0bcRCCg01I
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

ORIGINAL: MakeeLearn

I used to be an assassino of dodge ball in part because of my long arms.

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

ORIGINAL: wdolson

Seeing Betelgeuse?

The small stars might be in part because the larger the star, the shorter its life. A G type star like ours has an average life of about 10 billion years, but a tiny M class can have a lifetime of 200 billion years. A giant like Sirius A only has a lifetime of 1 billion years. A super giant may only last 10 million years.

Many smaller stars have lifetimes longer than the age of the universe, which means some of the original stars might still be going. Living in the neighborhood of a super giant would probably not allow much life to get going. Just as life gets going the star 50 LY away super novas and wipes out the neighborhood.

That is interesting. Is it just mistaken dating? I've long been convinced the universe must be infinite, as no rational alternative exists in my view, and we were bound to find older structures as the "Big Bang" must have been merely a local event. Most of the neighborhood nearby what we see is probably cold, dead and black.
I'm thinking our local area (everything we can see) is actually unusually dense and that there's likely a black hole somewhere going 'big bang' somewhere all the time.

BillBrown

Post by BillBrown »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

ORIGINAL: MakeeLearn

I used to be an assassino of dodge ball in part because of my long arms.

I thought that Gorn like T-Rex had short arms?
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

my human costume had long arms. I couldn't go to school looking like I do.

Canoerebel

Post by Canoerebel »

I would hijack this thread if I understood it. I didn't understand the initial question nor most of the replies.

Quick! Somebody post a photo of a beautiful woman so that we veer back into the comprehensible!
"Rats set fire to Mr. Cooper’s store in Fort Valley. No damage done." Columbus (Ga) Enquirer-Sun, October 2, 1880.
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

I would hijack this thread if I understood it. I didn't understand the initial question nor most of the replies.

Quick! Somebody post a photo of a beautiful woman so that we veer back into the comprehensible!
Here you go - a body-painted salute to our Kiwi allies featuring Kimbra in the video for Gotye's "Somebody That I Used to Know":

Attachments
Kimbra.jpg
Kimbra.jpg (73.94 KiB) Viewed 605 times
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
wdolson

Post by wdolson »

So is this a Gorn masquerading as a T-Rex?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqPl8mtSmPw
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
Canoerebel

Post by Canoerebel »

No, no, no. I mean a beautiful woman.

Attachments
MargaretLockwood.jpg
MargaretLockwood.jpg (4.58 KiB) Viewed 605 times
"Rats set fire to Mr. Cooper’s store in Fort Valley. No damage done." Columbus (Ga) Enquirer-Sun, October 2, 1880.
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

warspite1

Er...okay

Attachments
maryeliza..ad14055.jpg
maryeliza..ad14055.jpg (110.66 KiB) Viewed 605 times

Orm

Post by Orm »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

ORIGINAL: wdolson

Seeing Betelgeuse?

That is interesting. Is it just mistaken dating? I've long been convinced the universe must be infinite, as no rational alternative exists in my view, and we were bound to find older structures as the "Big Bang" must have been merely a local event. Most of the neighborhood nearby what we see is probably cold, dead and black.
I'm thinking our local area (everything we can see) is actually unusually dense and that there's likely a black hole somewhere going 'big bang' somewhere all the time.
You made me ponder on whether The Big Bang is the result of God being bored and firing fireworks, or not.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
Orm

Post by Orm »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

warspite1

Er...okay

Big, red, and roundish. Eh?

I need help.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Orm

ORIGINAL: warspite1

warspite1

Er...okay

Big, red, and roundish. Eh?

I need help.
warspite1

No I was just answering a specific request - nothing to do with the OP. Speaking of which, I wonder if we are going to get an answer here???

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”