Scenario with the best AI opponent

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

GaryChildress

Scenario with the best AI opponent

Post by GaryChildress »

Thinking of getting back into the game and am wondering what grand campaign scenario has the best AI opponent.

Thanks.
Oberst_Klink

RE: Scenario with the best AI opponent

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: Gary Childress

Thinking of getting back into the game and am wondering what grand campaign scenario has the best AI opponent.

Thanks.
AFAIK Andy Mac worked or is still working on updating the scripts. Have a look at the scenario/modding section, Gary.

tm.asp?m=3857595&mpage=1&key=%EF%BF%BD

Oh, and if you need somebody who takes command of a 'boring' area like Burma, etc. sign me up... unless you are not a fan of co-op. I am still trying to start a campaign... but even the setup seems to take real days LOL.

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

ORIGINAL: Oberst_Klink
ORIGINAL: Gary Childress

Thanks.
AFAIK Andy Mac worked or is still working on updating the scripts. Have a look at the scenario/modding section, Gary.

tm.asp?m=3857595&mpage=1&key=%EF%BF%BD

Oh, and if you need somebody who takes command of a 'boring' area like Burma, etc. sign me up... unless you are not a fan of co-op. I am still trying to start a campaign... but even the setup seems to take real days LOL.

Klink, Oberst

Much thanks Oberst! Very much appreciate the offer of a coop, but I'm not sure how regularly I'll be playing, main reason I'm looking for an AI game for now, just to go at my own pace.

I'll check out Andy's improvements.
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

No probs, mate. I had a look at the scripts and I am also starting a Allies vs. AI game ( the review and initial setup takes ages! ). I am sure it will be a challenge. Anyway, knock ya'self out. In case you might need Kraut saving the Raj, drop me a line :)

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
patrickl

Post by patrickl »

Andy's Scn 60 and 104 should be the most challenging. Good luck![:D]
Banner designed by rogueusmc
Yaab

Post by Yaab »

Stock scenarios work too, you just have to house-rule yourself a bit. No fuel in xAKs is a good rule, tying one Allied hand behind the back and slowing the Allied operational tempo.
HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

If you are partial to Babes mods as I am AndyMac's Ironman ported to Babes (#40) is playing out very well for me right now with the AI putting up a pretty decent fight.
Hans

PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

The best challenges are still his Nasty, Nasty versions. Just be aware they have a lot of easter eggs in them for the AI, but in many ways they play out more like real life. Both sides really were worried about what the other side was hiding and were really cautious because of that. The historical scenarios never play out that way because the player has PERFECT knowledge of the other OOB. So no surprises, no suspense, ...

Just my thoughts on the matter ... which as usual is contrary to popular thought. [:D]
Pax
Anthropoid

Post by Anthropoid »

Why not play as the Japanese?
The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ ... playnext=3
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

I start one of Andy's his scenario 120 starting date May 42.  Cuts out the first year of expansion and so far it's proved good although I still let the AI have the Solomons and anything south of the Indian border.  I did not let them have PM or Milne.  It's made few stupid Japanese AI moves.   It's playing mostly on the defensive. 

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”