Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Another World : AAR Soviet Stelteck Vs German Pelton (No Pelton Zone)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: Another World : AAR Soviet Stelteck Vs German Pelton (No Pelton Zone) Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Another World : AAR Soviet Stelteck Vs German Pelto... - 1/4/2017 3:56:14 PM   
Stelteck

Guriev is really well defended by the coastal army now, in swamp. He probably need to take baku to have it.

For the moscow Salient, it would have been a difficult battle and my opponent try to keep looses very low for the long game.

(in reply to Pionpion)
Post #: 301
RE: Another World : AAR Soviet Stelteck Vs German Pelto... - 1/4/2017 4:06:40 PM   
Stelteck

Turn 75: 19 november 1942

First, i present you my best unit !!!! Due to my national morale raising to 49, the 16th guard rifle corps have 59 morale and is fully trained to 59 XP. The sapper regiment also get guard promotion. Maybe i shall removed the tank bataillon to a guard heavy tank one . I'am sûre i can do better with this unit.

The good point is that i have 3 armies like this.

I had a lot of looses this year, but it was mostly regular infantry. Around 100 divisions. (Which returned and are in training but with low fighting value).

I have 4 armies of cavalry corps and 3 of guard rifles corps and they all survived this year and are very good.

Now the problem of the caucasus, probably the main focus of my ennemy now :

Unfortunately, a german unit managed to get in range of railroad and so cut it for troop movement.

A little more than one army is now in great danger of being isolated. And i cannot move them by rail.

I do not want to loose 100K more troops this year. And i need them to help defending baku which is critical. Baku have to hold at all cost.

(in reply to Stelteck)
Post #: 302
RE: Another World : AAR Soviet Stelteck Vs German Pelto... - 1/4/2017 4:49:40 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stelteck

First, i present you my best unit !!!! Due to my national morale raising to 49, the 16th guard rifle corps have 59 morale and is fully trained to 59 XP.

There should be no reason in the world that Soviet National Morale is going up do to what is happening on the map. If anything it should be going down. I will post my suggestion in the WiTE2.0 suggestion folder later on this. Anyway grats on your unit.

“If you teach a man anything, he will never learn.”;

Bernard Shaw

(in reply to Stelteck)
Post #: 303
RE: Another World : AAR Soviet Stelteck Vs German Pelto... - 1/4/2017 4:50:53 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

I had a lot of looses this year, but it was mostly regular infantry. Around 100 divisions. (Which returned and are in training but with low fighting value).

This is another items that needs looking in to. Getting free units after death with little to more than likely no cost. I know a few have commented on this (Sillyflower for one I know of off the top of my head).

< Message edited by HardLuckYetAgain -- 1/4/2017 4:55:49 PM >

Bernard Shaw

(in reply to Stelteck)
Post #: 304
RE: Another World : AAR Soviet Stelteck Vs German Pelto... - 1/4/2017 5:25:48 PM   
Stelteck

The cost of having units destroyed is huge as i have to find manpower to fill them, then retrain them from nearly zero which take a long time.

My manpower production is only 70K men per turn. With people returning from hospital, 100K per turn. I'am lacking men everywhere.
(But i'am swimming in armement currently). Not enough men despite looses below historical at this point, too much weapons. i'am not sûre i'am leading the soviet union currently )

< Message edited by Stelteck -- 1/4/2017 5:27:30 PM >

(in reply to HardLuckYetAgain)
Post #: 305
RE: Another World : AAR Soviet Stelteck Vs German Pelto... - 1/4/2017 5:42:27 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

The cost of having units destroyed is huge as i have to find manpower to fill them, then retrain them from nearly zero which take a long time.

My manpower production is only 70K men per turn. With people returning from hospital, 100K per turn. I'am lacking men everywhere.
(But i'am swimming in armement currently). Not enough men despite looses below historical at this point, too much weapons. i'am not sûre i'am leading the soviet union currently )

If done correctly the Soviets get these units back for "f r e e" (did you?) There should be a cost/delay in these units reappearing since most Soviets circumvent the payment cost anyway. Basically these units are just a defunct welcoming center unit inviting personnel in after death with little to no cost other than the wait time to train. Administratively this would have taken work.

Bernard Shaw

(in reply to Stelteck)
Post #: 306
RE: Another World : AAR Soviet Stelteck Vs German Pelto... - 1/4/2017 5:45:57 PM   
Stelteck

These units were back free for political point in 2 to 4 weeks. I always finish my turn with 0 PP left anyway.

But as i said i can hardly afford the cost in men and retrain time take a lot of time while i need them now. Units returned in late spring are not yet above 40Xp in november.

< Message edited by Stelteck -- 1/4/2017 5:47:14 PM >

Post #: 307
RE: Another World : AAR Soviet Stelteck Vs German Pelto... - 1/4/2017 6:36:44 PM   
M60A3TTS

Those free units may as well be kept at 20% TOE so replacements go to useful units.

(in reply to Stelteck)
Post #: 308
RE: Another World : AAR Soviet Stelteck Vs German Pelto... - 1/4/2017 7:20:03 PM   
Dinglir

Are divisions returned before ar after the Soviets are given Admin points for the turn?

We need only to kick in the door, and the whole rotten structure will come crashing down.

Adolf Hitler, on the eve of Barbarossa.
-----

There are only 10 kinds of people. Those that use binary numbers and those that do not.

Unknown origi

Post #: 309
RE: Another World : AAR Soviet Stelteck Vs German Pelto... - 1/4/2017 7:25:17 PM   
Stelteck

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dinglir
Are divisions returned before ar after the Soviets are given Admin points for the turn?

Before. So there are free if you spent all your PP points each turn.
Also important to note. Corps return as corps. Guard units return as guard. Supports units return too.

Without this my looses would have been too critical with no hope of recover, as i lost 1000pp worth of rifle divisions this year.

< Message edited by Stelteck -- 1/4/2017 7:31:57 PM >

(in reply to Dinglir)
Post #: 310
RE: Another World : AAR Soviet Stelteck Vs German Pelto... - 1/4/2017 9:11:51 PM   
sillyflower

Your defences in Baku/Mtown area are too weak to survive full-out attacks.You need to get 1 or 2 of your armies of gd inf xxx down there. Tanks are wasted down there.

web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?

(in reply to Stelteck)
Post #: 311
RE: Another World : AAR Soviet Stelteck Vs German Pelto... - 1/5/2017 9:47:56 AM   
Stelteck

Turn 76 : 26 november 1942

Rain upon caucasus. Snow everywhere else.

Situation is not good in the caucasus. I cannot restore the railroad and i do not think i can evacuate the army in the west part of the mountain. I need to evacuate my elite mountain army in black as this army is necessary to defend Baku.

So long for the regular army in the west.

In the north, i'am engaging an offensive to retake Kazan and push the german on the other side of the volga !!

< Message edited by Stelteck -- 1/5/2017 9:49:36 AM >

(in reply to sillyflower)
Post #: 312
RE: Another World : AAR Soviet Stelteck Vs German Pelto... - 1/6/2017 8:15:35 PM   
Stelteck

Turn 77 : 03 december 1942

Blizzard everywhere, except in the caucasus/Europe. It is really unfair.

But first let me present you my new toy :

This is the most expensive division ever. (But automaticaly promoted to guard status as all rocket units).
960 fixed rocket launcher, 100 mobiles on trucks, and 30K support men to carry all of these. lol, so many support are needed. 3 times a regular artillery division. How on earth will i found so much support ?

In the caucasus, another line of defense have been crushed and i'am becoming quite concern.

But the good news of the turn is the reconquest of Kazan !!! Great victory other the volga.

Near the town on not so fortified ground, 130K men, 2000 guns and 1000 soviet tanks barely managed to push back a lone german division.

(in reply to Stelteck)
Post #: 313
RE: Another World : AAR Soviet Stelteck Vs German Pelto... - 1/6/2017 8:27:47 PM   
M60A3TTS

About time for them rifle corps in Baku before its too late.

(in reply to Stelteck)
Post #: 314
RE: Another World : AAR Soviet Stelteck Vs German Pelto... - 1/6/2017 9:17:09 PM   
Stelteck

In 4 turns i have discount price on rifle corps

(in reply to M60A3TTS)
Post #: 315
RE: Another World : AAR Soviet Stelteck Vs German Pelto... - 1/6/2017 11:50:23 PM   
John B.

This is a great AAR. Thanks for all the work you put into it!

(in reply to Stelteck)
Post #: 316
RE: Another World : AAR Soviet Stelteck Vs German Pelto... - 1/7/2017 1:12:17 AM   
M60A3TTS

quote:

Fine, if you screw the pooch over 30 admin points, you know who to blame.

(in reply to Stelteck)
Post #: 317
RE: Another World : AAR Soviet Stelteck Vs German Pelto... - 1/7/2017 11:01:40 AM   
smokindave34

quote:

ORIGINAL: M60A3TTS

quote:

If Pelton outflanks your troops at Makhachkala (which seems very possible) his panzers will be resting in Baku before your get there. The admin points are a much lower priority than holding Baku.

(in reply to M60A3TTS)
Post #: 318
RE: Another World : AAR Soviet Stelteck Vs German Pelto... - 1/7/2017 12:07:08 PM   
Stelteck

Turn 78 . 10 december 1942

Blizzard !!

Battle rage near Kazhan where the german counter attack.

And also in the caucasus as usual

But my opponent just breached on of south moscow defense !!! I do not think it is an allout attack, but as i have a lot of troops fighting around khazan, he probably saw an opportunity. I will have to divide my reserves.

(in reply to smokindave34)
Post #: 319
hodl at all costs! - 1/7/2017 12:57:57 PM   
BrianG

Block the way to Baku. Build corp now(guard).

And hold the rr line in cacuacus. Do not retreat He will have major job to take the rr .

Plus your troops west will get some supply until fully cut.

You must continue to tie up his troops here.

(in reply to Stelteck)
Post #: 320
RE: hodl at all costs! - 1/7/2017 7:57:40 PM   
Stelteck

I will try but baku is not secured yet and i may need the troops west.

The battle of the day :

I really wished 4000 guns and 400 tanks could do more damage, but the arty divisions have low XP yet.

(in reply to BrianG)
Post #: 321
RE: Another World : AAR Soviet Stelteck Vs German Pelto... - 1/7/2017 8:13:05 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: smokindave34

quote:

ORIGINAL: M60A3TTS

quote:

If Pelton outflanks your troops at Makhachkala (which seems very possible) his panzers will be resting in Baku before your get there. The admin points are a much lower priority than holding Baku.

"Failure" is the best teacher. He definitely can't say he wasn't warned that is for sure.

Bernard Shaw

(in reply to smokindave34)
Post #: 322
RE: hodl at all costs! - 1/7/2017 8:24:39 PM   
Dinglir

quote:

I really wished 4000 guns and 400 tanks could do more damage, but the arty divisions have low XP yet.

Just remember that you can let them attack alone from two hexes distant if you want to save your men and tanks. But do place them in fortifications if doing this (that should give them a better "to hit" chance).

How many manpower centers do you have left?

< Message edited by Dinglir -- 1/7/2017 8:26:17 PM >

We need only to kick in the door, and the whole rotten structure will come crashing down.

Adolf Hitler, on the eve of Barbarossa.
-----

There are only 10 kinds of people. Those that use binary numbers and those that do not.

Unknown origi

(in reply to Stelteck)
Post #: 323
RE: Another World : AAR Soviet Stelteck Vs German Pelto... - 1/7/2017 8:26:45 PM   
Stelteck

quote:

ORIGINAL: HardLuckYetAgain

"Failure" is the best teacher. He definitely can't say he wasn't warned that is for sure.

If you win, win a glorious and outstanding victory.
If you fail, fail the most crushing defeat either !!

Post #: 324
RE: Another World : AAR Soviet Stelteck Vs German Pelto... - 1/7/2017 9:49:27 PM   
A game

quote:

There should be no reason in the world that Soviet National Morale is going up do to what is happening on the map. If anything it should be going down. I will post my suggestion in the WiTE2.0 suggestion folder later on this. Anyway grats on your unit.

Would this not just further create the 'snowball' effect, where one person is losing and the system just pushes them further down? Which is already a problem with this game anyway... But I agree from a realism perspective it makes no sense.

Post #: 325
RE: Another World : AAR Soviet Stelteck Vs German Pelto... - 1/7/2017 11:23:01 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: A game

quote:

Would this not just further create the 'snowball' effect, where one person is losing and the system just pushes them further down? Which is already a problem with this game anyway... But I agree from a realism perspective it makes no sense.

Real events from the game should impact the game, not events from our historical WW2 injected into our game. I even advocate randomizing withdraws and arrivals based on a random event calendar for the Western Allies instead of our historical WW2 flowchart. This way we have our own analogous game with its own set of events.

Bernard Shaw

(in reply to A game)
Post #: 326
RE: hodl at all costs! - 1/7/2017 11:28:08 PM   
Stelteck

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dinglir

How many manpower centers do you have left?

I have 1705 manpower center left, giving me 68200 men.

(in reply to Dinglir)
Post #: 327
RE: hodl at all costs! - 1/8/2017 12:25:55 AM   
chaos45

NM does not equal actual morale is the issue....the problem is overall combat performance is directly tied to the NM levels.

As a units ability to gain experience is directly affected by NM level in the game. So what it more accurately represents is the Soviet army becoming more skilled at modern war as the war drags on, while the Germans start the war with an elite veteran army and it slowly degrades as they scrap the bottom of the barrel manpower wise and reduce training time of recruits that go to units as the war drags on.

It actually does make some sense, the game designers just used stupid terminology.

(in reply to Stelteck)
Post #: 328
Need food and amo for christmas please - 1/8/2017 9:02:54 AM   
Stelteck

Turn 79 : 17 December 1942

The good news is that, seeing the arrival of some of my reserves, the evil invader prefered to run away from moscow attack. So i guess it is a victory.

In the caucasus, a new line of defense is building and meteo mage expect mud next turn. It looks like german offensive lost a little steam. Especially in the center.

But now the problem. The supply crisis is upon me !!!!

First, my heavy industry production is not enough to supply all my troops and productions and i have no stocks left.
Second, my winter offensive near kazhan rised the truck requirement from 120K to 150K and i have not enough trucks either. But not a problem as i have no food to deliver :communism:

Please USA send me food and trucks for christmas !!!

I tried to change my armement production as i have to much weapons, but it looks like the cost is 150 political points, which is so huge. (Anyone know if this cost is fixed for all change, even light one ?).

My only chance is that my production will raise in 1943, in 3 turns :

(in reply to chaos45)
Post #: 329
RE: Need food and amo for christmas please - 1/8/2017 10:23:23 AM   
Stelteck

The battle of the day :

Big force advantage, artillerie divisions (still in training), low german looses.

But it is an important battle and it was a test. The german division was entrenched in heavy woods with good fortifications. Still i managed to win the first assault even with combat value looked equivalent (marked 85 in defense).

So i'am able to win a WW1 style verdun battle. It will be very important in 1943 i think i front of moscow.

< Message edited by Stelteck -- 1/8/2017 10:24:42 AM >

(in reply to Stelteck)
Post #: 330
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: Another World : AAR Soviet Stelteck Vs German Pelton (No Pelton Zone) Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI