CW convoy issue

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

jusi

CW convoy issue

Post by jusi »

Hi,

I know that lots of people regularly complain about the convoy system, but I've never added my voice because I always eventually manage to do what I want (even if it takes more time that it should). Particularly its underlying logic was not so bad and my only concerns were bugs. However it seems that either it has changed in recent versions, or new annoying bugs have been introduced. I use the latest(?) available version 2.2.7. I just start a new game and I'm not able to set up my CW convoy as expected because changing a route no longer works as before. For instance, how could I manage to send the British Guyana ressource to England throuh Mouth of Amazon, Central Atlantic, North Atlantic and Feroaes Gap? Currently it goes along the Africa Coast (preventing one South African ressource to go to England).

Thanks,
Julien
Attachments
sep2016.zip
(1.55 MiB) Downloaded 5 times
rkr1958

RE: CW convoy issue

Post by rkr1958 »

The workaround that I've found that often works is to idle the British Guyana RP. Set the South African RP as default to where you want it to go. Then set the British Guyana RP. It's a MAJOR PITA but I've round that to get a "difficult" RP to travel the path you wish you need to have all other RPs defaulted first leaving unused CPs (only) along the path you wish it to travel. I agree it's extremely frustration that the manual setting of CP routes which was very cumbersome a while back now seems to no longer work.
Ronnie
jusi

RE: CW convoy issue

Post by jusi »

Unfortunately I've tried this strategy and it does not work anymore. When changing the British Guyana RP from Idle to Producing in an English factory, one South African RP is automatically Idle while my setting is still here (see screenshot). I've found no way to circumvent this issue [:(].
Attachments
convoy_issue.jpg
convoy_issue.jpg (234.6 KiB) Viewed 80 times

Return to “Tech Support”