Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: BTS and BTSL 5.4

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> RE: BTS and BTSL 5.4 Page: <<   < prev  27 28 29 30 [31]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: BTS and BTSL 5.4 - 4/24/2018 2:35:18 PM   
John 3rd

That does. Will check and fix.

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/

(in reply to Kitakami)
Post #: 901
RE: BTS and BTSL 5.4 - 4/24/2018 7:26:56 PM   
DOCUP

With the Constellation class around Pago Pago. Would you consider adding an AE and AD so that they can be rearmed?

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 902
RE: BTS and BTSL 5.4 - 4/24/2018 11:28:41 PM   
John 3rd

Will Post final Modifications to BTS and BTSL once they are complete. Michael and I are looking at some tweaks. Thanks to Kitakami and DOCUP for their comments here.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 903
RE: BTS and BTSL 5.4 - 4/25/2018 5:56:42 AM   
John 3rd

Got the work done.

Changes:
1. Added 1 AO, 1 AE, 1 TK, and 1 AD at Pago Pago. It is now a minor USN Fleet Base.
2. These ships are disbanded in Port so I added 8,000 Fuel (Total 16,000) and 3,000 Supply (Total 12,330). This will allow for the Allied player to load his AO, AE, and AD to help support the Fleet. Pretty much just enough for one load. The rest comes from the West Coast later.
3. Raised Pago Pago to Fort 2
4. Fixed the TT loadout on the Japanese CV/CAVs detailed by Kitakami.
5. Fixed two bad USN Squadrons that SOMEHOW allowed for 250 aircraft in each unit. Ooooppsss!
6. Deleted to two Marine 18 plane fighter squadrons and added a 48 plane unit. This follows the allowance of one 70+ USAF Fighter Wing in 1943 and in 1944. Michael felt, and I agreed, that the Marines should get the chance to have one big Fighter unit. It comes in in October 1942.
7. Michael further disabled the starting US economy.

Will load the newest files in their folders tomorrow morning.

< Message edited by John 3rd -- 4/25/2018 5:57:56 AM >

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 904
RE: Treaty 3.0 - 4/25/2018 1:20:32 PM   
cavalry

John,

This is a reply to my earlier post concerning are a 7.9. We are playing two-day turn is played by email now in September 1943. Maybe you should ask Andreas for one of his turns so you can examine where his production is.

Sorry I have been out of circulation for a while.

The issue with torpedoes seems fine as we are now in September 43 and I see that the changes big time then.

The issue with the production of the George (and it seems other planes as well) is covered by an earlier post in this thread where Andreas gave you a very detailed reply. He is also on holiday at the moment and I was gonna ask him how many of these claims he can produce but it seems like plenty. This means effectively the allies are unable to attack in 43 unless they take some very big risks.

Is the Allied plane as production production as it seems quite low to me but this is my first game of playing allies.

The political points yes they need fixing it's a shame it cannot work for games in progress. We have decided to allow all Allied units to try and reconquer all mainland former colonial countries like Thailand Burma et cetera.

< Message edited by cavalry -- 4/25/2018 1:21:28 PM >

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 905
RE: Treaty 3.0 - 4/25/2018 3:23:22 PM   
John 3rd

Hey Cavalry!

I've fixed Political Points by bumping them some.

Please have him Post here when he can so I can give this serious weight and consideration. I've spoken to Michael about it as well.

Thanks for keeping me up.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to cavalry)
Post #: 906
RE: Treaty 3.0 - 4/25/2018 3:36:26 PM   
cavalry

He did a while back here it is again.

quote:

ORIGINAL: aga2008

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanderz

quote:

ORIGINAL: John 3rd

Hi Cavalry.

1. If he has George in that early, that would be over 16 months from when it should appear. WOW. He must have spent a fortune to bring it forward. Doesn't help you but I find that amazing to have it so early. We have adjusted it backwards in BTS and BTSL and will in RA. Doesn't help you in this version though.

comments based on the current version of the mod (BTSL 4.5)and without doing any math......

1) is this because the N1K2-A George upgrades from the Zero - hence you can start researching it from the getgo by converting fully built A6M2 factories directly to the George?

2) from a jap economic point of view having the George upgrade from the Zero would seem to make the Sam largely redundant (as you can get the George so much quicker) - also there seems no reason to research the N1K1-J George as it can be bypassed by going the Zero route

as I'm cavalry's opponent let me add my view on this topic:

ad 1: No research was done using the described approach (switching at zero cost from Zero research to George research). All George research started at 0. I never saw a possible switch from the A6M line to N1K line research at zero cost. But actually I can't remember with which version of RA we started so it may be that something like that was possible. Anyway - and you have to trust me on that - that was never done in this game.
If you look below, it took more than 300 days to get the first month of advancement. If I had used an existing switch it wouldn't have taken that long.

In this history of the research the leftmost column is the turn number(taken from tracker). Please note that in the end just 6 turns were needed to advance N1K2 one more month. And you can do your math to find out what that cost me... :)

317 Aircraft N1K1-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 4/43 Information
345 Aircraft N1K1-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 3/43 Information
371 Aircraft N1K1-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 2/43 Information
389 Aircraft N1K1-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 1/43 Information
399 Aircraft N1K2-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 7/44 Information
407 Aircraft N1K2-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 6/44 Information
413 Aircraft N1K2-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 5/44 Information
421 Aircraft N1K2-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 4/44 Information
427 Aircraft N1K2-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 3/44 Information
435 Aircraft N1K2-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 2/44 Information
443 Aircraft N1K2-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 1/44 Information
449 Aircraft N1K2-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 12/43 Information
457 Aircraft N1K2-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 11/43 Information
463 Aircraft N1K2-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 10/43 Information
471 Aircraft N1K2-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 9/43 Information
477 Aircraft N1K2-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 8/43 Information
485 Aircraft N1K2-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 7/43 Information
493 Aircraft N1K2-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 6/43 Information
499 Aircraft N1K2-J George Aircraft R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 5/43 Information

ad 2: A7M uses Ha-43 therefore getting the engine bonus is much more difficult. In addition - the N1K1 which is the predecessor for N1K2 - comes much earlier and means you'll inherit fully repaired research facilities for N1K2 as soon as N1K1 is available. And this in turn is much earlier than for Sam. That - and not any exploitation of a possible bug in the mod - is the reason of choosing George instead of Sam.

as a bonus also see the reasearch history for Ha-45 - also valuable for Frank research ..:)

81 Engine Nakajima Ha-45 Engine R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 8/43 Information
121 Engine Nakajima Ha-45 Engine R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 7/43 Information
149 Engine Nakajima Ha-45 Engine R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 6/43 Information
177 Engine Nakajima Ha-45 Engine R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 5/43 Information
205 Engine Nakajima Ha-45 Engine R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 4/43 Information
233 Engine Nakajima Ha-45 Engine R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 3/43 Information
277 Engine Nakajima Ha-45 Engine R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 2/43 Information
315 Engine Nakajima Ha-45 Engine R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 1/43 Information
335 Engine Nakajima Ha-45 Engine R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 12/42 Information
355 Engine Nakajima Ha-45 Engine R&D Accelerated Production accelerated to 11/42 Information

Just had another look at the stats for the various navy fighters and the above strategy seems very viable - i can't see any reason to ever build/research the Sam or Jack when George is better on most stats and is CV capable. You could even make it the only navy fighter to research (other than early Zeros) and ignore J6/J7 i.e. go for pure volume of Georges and win the game before the J6/J7 could become a factor.

Having said all that i am a long long way from being knowledgeable about this game and would welcome some input on whether the above is anywhere near correct.

Thanks

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 907
RE: Treaty 3.0 - 4/25/2018 9:49:21 PM   
John 3rd

Wow. Just wow.

He threw EVERYTHING into the research of one plane.

We're exploring a HR in Kitakami and I's match of the George only being able to fly off CVs. No CVL or CVE. Makes some sense to me. That would help here some.

Gonna play with the numbers some and get back again.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to cavalry)
Post #: 908
RE: Treaty 3.0 - 4/27/2018 3:25:24 PM   
sanderz

quote:

ORIGINAL: John 3rd

We're exploring a HR in Kitakami and I's match of the George only being able to fly off CVs. No CVL or CVE. Makes some sense to me. That would help here some.

I don't think this would make any difference to research and build strategy for japan - with the George being both a CV fighter AND better than both the Sam and Jack there is no need to build anything other than the George, ever.

Best fix may be to remove the Georges "CV capable" ability.

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 909
RE: Treaty 3.0 - 5/1/2018 12:44:56 PM   
cavalry

Agree remove George CV ability - make it just a Zero line?

(in reply to sanderz)
Post #: 910
RE: Treaty 3.0 - 5/17/2018 4:03:51 AM   
BillBrown

I am starting a BtSLite game and I seem to be missing some aircraft art for the new aircraft the Japanese have.

(in reply to cavalry)
Post #: 911
RE: Treaty 3.0 - 6/7/2018 10:04:17 PM   
Falken

Hi John,

Kitakami and I are also playing BTSL in our game, and I remember him/you mentioning that your current game with him includes a new update? Do you know when that would be uploaded to your website.

If i'm wrong... apologies.... Just thought I remembered that you guys had a few more fixes...

Thanks John. I'm also glad to hear that you heard from him. Glad he's ok

(in reply to BillBrown)
Post #: 912
RE: Treaty 3.0 - 7/1/2018 7:47:12 PM   
Falken

Hi John.

Just a slide bump :).....

Although my game is also not going on right now, just wanted to know if you saw my question above on the update that you had mentioned a while back. I might have read it wrong, but I thought you had found a few things that needed tightening up in your early part of your last game.

Thanks John. If there is none, that's ok too :),,,,, just wanted to make sure...

Much appreciated

Dave...

(in reply to Falken)
Post #: 913
Page:   <<   < prev  27 28 29 30 [31]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> RE: BTS and BTSL 5.4 Page: <<   < prev  27 28 29 30 [31]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI