Counters Units

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

ericdauriac

Counters Units

Post by ericdauriac »

Hello,

Sorry for my bad english...

Can you tell me what is the scale of counters, in particular, how much an air counter represents aircraft, armored counter represents how many divisions, same for infantry counter, etc ...

regards
AlbertN

RE: Counters Units

Post by AlbertN »

If Strategic Command remains in line with the previous games, there is no scale.

Earlier you had Army, Corp, Division and Garrison (not all of them in all titles though).
But if a Corp should be 2-4 divisions in general, it did not had 2-4 times (or averagely 3 times) the combat power of a Division.
And the same was for the Army compaored to a Corp.

They should be more appropriately named "Large Infantry Formation", "Medium Infantry Formation", "Small Infantry Formation" and "Garrison" truth be told.
For anyone who has a slight clue of military history of WW2 it will make absolutely no sense to have an Army being twice as good as a corp (and anyhow not costing either the double).

Also bear in mind in smaller scenarios (non campaign ones) the scale can change an what was used for an Army can turn into a full division, and a corp can be downgraded in a regiment or brigade for instance.

That led in the past to other design concepts (which I hope are rectified in this edition) such as rather short values of build limits (even more so for some units such artillery which are most vague, what's an artillery unit? Historically only soviets had artillery -divisions-; and then I could hook up in having a tech such as Artillery Shells which was really worth for 2-3 units in your nation only; and therefore hardly tecched because it had measly return).

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe”