You know you are obsessed with WITP-AE when...

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Macclan5

You know you are obsessed with WITP-AE when...

Post by Macclan5 »

I was fairly warned by the veterans of these boards to "abandon yee thy family and life" [8D]

However it is amusing just how addictive this game is.

You know you are obsessed with WITP-AE when:

1) You wiki search John D Edwards to find out who the h - e - double hockey sticks he was.

Why he had such a clever little DD named after him; further you are not even American

2) You ponder prewar Japanese Trade patterns purely because you sank the Copenhagen Maru.

You wonder what if any of Japans prewar ships ever made it to Denmark.

3) You are casually reading bedside your old <insert publisher> Illustrated Encyclopedia of WW2...

..and you become upset because the article pertaining to the P40K is inaccurate and the plane is entirely unappreciated by the author.

4) You cant sleep or concentrate at work because you cant recall if you set correct home port on that surface combat task force.

Finally true in my personal life (recently)

5) You advise your teen aged children to "Remain on Station at the Mall" and you will pick them up in the xAP ...er SUV

..and your wife and children call you out about your game (time devoted) [:D]
A People that values its privileges above it's principles will soon loose both. Dwight D Eisenhower.
TOMLABEL

RE: You know you are obsessed with WITP-AE when...

Post by TOMLABEL »

ORIGINAL: Macclan5

I was fairly warned by the veterans of these boards to "abandon yee thy family and life" [8D]

Fair to say - you did not heed our warning!!![:D]

Now, please offer some suggestions on how to mitigate the consequences of your 5 points as some of us are still trying to figure that out after all these years!!![;)]

TOMLABEL
Art by the Rogue-USMC

WITP Admiral's Edition: Ship & Sub Art/Base Unit Art/Map Icon Art

"If destruction be our lot - it will come from within"...Abraham Lincoln
Yaab

Post by Yaab »

WITP:AE is like Pokemon Go, but here you chase Zekes and Hayabusas across half the globe.
bush

Post by bush »

Had my laptop at school to finish writing my syllabus for the school year and finished up a bit early. ¨Hey,¨ I says, ¨I have just enough time to scope out the progress of my Irrawaddy campaign before the bus leaves.¨ Almost ended up missing the bus because the amph assault against Funafuti also caught my attention.
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

5) You advise your teen aged children to "Remain on Station at the Mall" and you will pick them up in the xAP ...er SUV

..and your wife and children call you out about your game (time devoted) [:D]
And while your children were ROS at the mall, where were you patrolling ? What happens in Toronto stays in Toronto? [:'(]
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
T Rav

Post by T Rav »

It gets worse. For me, it is those obscure little ships like Soerabaja (sp?) and Sacramento among countless others. I see their capabilities and armament and think, what were they built for, and more importantly, I can I use them best? Obsession.
btd64

Post by btd64 »

ORIGINAL: TOMLABEL

Fair to say - you did not heed our warning!!![:D]

Now, please offer some suggestions on how to mitigate the consequences of your 5 points as some of us are still trying to figure that out after all these years!!![;)]

TOMLABEL

I just gave up and now let the game run my life. After all AE knows better. It does, doesn't it????GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
Macclan5

Post by Macclan5 »

ORIGINAL: TOMLABEL

TOMLABEL

Offering suggestions ?

I have yet to even begin contemplating less time at desk top.

To quote an iconic idol of mine:

This is not the end, this is not even the beginning of the end; but perhaps it is the end of the beginning.

Apparently the beginning can last 5 plus years. [:D]

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

And while your children were ROS at the mall, where were you patrolling ?

[8D]

I was successfully withdrawing the 2nd Marine Division and supporting troops from over stacking penalties at Roi Namur circa July 1943.

I was of course at my desktop cursing my mathematics on a paper pad as I had insufficient xAP and I was bound to create 'yet another fragment situation' - my personal pet demon in this game.

Hence when I suggested literally "to remain on station and I would grab the xAP and come get them in the next 20 minutes"... they called me out on the phone direct suggesting they knew I was at my desktop....

[:D]
A People that values its privileges above it's principles will soon loose both. Dwight D Eisenhower.
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

Your significant other parades around you and your computer in sexy lingerie and you pause for a minute while you actually consider your options.....[:-]
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
Revthought

Post by Revthought »

u cant sleep or concentrate at work because you cant recall if you set correct home port on that surface combat task force.

When you think you yourself, "maybe I do have capacity to run 4 PBEMs."
Playing at war is a far better vocation than making people fight in them.
mind_messing

Post by mind_messing »

I'm always hard pressed to explain why my geography of the SEA and Pacific regions is so damned good without ever having visited. Who outside of the AE forums is going to know exactly where the Cook Islands are?

The other one was a friend who did the Thailand-Vietnam route. You know those cities when you're losing the war there.
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: crsutton

Your significant other parades around you and your computer in sexy lingerie and you pause for a minute while you actually consider your options.....[:-]
warspite1

Oh my this is serious [X(]. I mean great game an' all but it should never have come to this. What is your SO parading around in? and why are you and your computer wearing sexy lingerie? How do you even fit a basque and a thong onto a computer anyway???
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Macclan5

Post by Macclan5 »

Ser Warspite [:D]

I think you may have placed the wrong em-PHA-sis on the wrong SY-lab-le

However a computer dressed in a thong is considered a 'string command'; just saying - not that I have any personal experience.

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Ser Warspite [:D]

I think you may have placed the wrong em-PHA-sis on the wrong SY-lab-le

However a computer dressed in a thong is considered a 'string command'; just saying - not that I have any personal experience.

warspite1

Phew. That's a relief. I mean I was genuinely curious about the lingerie on the computer, but the thought of crsutton wearing fishnets and a bra has made me rather ill.....

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Great product idea. Lingerie for your desktop. Can't do it for laptops [:D] or tablets, you might get arrested.

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

edit: sorry

Zorch

Post by Zorch »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

Please clarify the nature of your sorriness...
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Zorch

warspite1

geofflambert originally posted that he always wears a basque and thong combo at weekends. However he decided to delete the post as, on reflection, it would be inappropriate for everyone to know he does that. Don't worry Mr L I won't tell a soul.

Macclan5

Post by Macclan5 »

Great product idea. Lingerie for your desktop. Can't do it for laptops [:D] or tablets, you might get arrested.

NOTE:

If your laptop wears lingerie .... then a Laptop Refresh takes on an entirely different meaning.

You have been warned.

[8D]
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: Zorch

I think he is sorry he ruined his gorn thong trying to get it around his massive .... computer.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”