Distant Worlds 2 News?

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

bandusdr

Distant Worlds 2 News?

Post by bandusdr »

Not sure if this is the best place for this, however, I was wondering if there had ever been any official announcements regarding Distant Worlds 2 or if it was all still just speculation and rumor?

I played Stellaris (which I enjoyed), however I found more often than not it left me wanting to play Distant Worlds which led to be wondering about a sequel.
Cauldyth

RE: Distant Worlds 2 News?

Post by Cauldyth »

They've acknowledged that they're working on "the next DW game" but haven't provided any details beyond that. Can't seem to find the post by Erik where he confirms it.
Cauldyth

Post by Cauldyth »

Here we go: fb.asp?m=3935652
Retreat1970

Post by Retreat1970 »

It's been a year since that post.
Nobody987

Post by Nobody987 »

Really, it would be nice to have some info about the progress, as Stellaris failed to keep my attention on it, I keep looking everyday here for some good news regarding DW2 [:D]
tortugapower

Post by tortugapower »

It seems like Stellaris has actually done DW a big favor.
Matrix Games video tutorials:
Distant Worlds Universe
Advanced Tactics Gold
Cauldyth

Post by Cauldyth »

Yeah, Stellaris increased the time I was spending with DW!
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Sorry to keep you all in suspense - we are working on Distant Worlds 2, but not ready to release more information as yet. [8D]
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
tortugapower

Post by tortugapower »

I saw Erik as the latest author in this thread and my heart skipped a beat...

A false alarm this time, but it's wonderful the devs are as frank as they can be with us [8D]
Matrix Games video tutorials:
Distant Worlds Universe
Advanced Tactics Gold
exin

Post by exin »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Sorry to keep you all in suspense - we are working on Distant Worlds 2, but not ready to release more information as yet. [8D]

By the Darkness of the Shakturi and the Light of the Ancient!! (Also the beauty of the Secureans ladies!)

So nice to finally have an official confirmation of Distant Worlds 2. Honestly, it's the most anticipated strategy game for me since ever. As many pointed out, if you play DW:U, all the other space sims seem so lacking by comparison.

We're all waiting and drooling for news, but thank you for confirming DW2 for us at least!!
Cauldyth

Post by Cauldyth »

*frantically throws money at Elliot and Erik*
Nobody987

Post by Nobody987 »

*tries again*
Twigster

Post by Twigster »

Great to hear! [:D][&o]
Retreat1970

Post by Retreat1970 »

Sorry to keep you all in suspense - we are working on Distant Worlds 2, but not ready to release more information as yet

That basically is what he said a year ago. Don't get your hopes up.
ASHBERY76

Post by ASHBERY76 »

Screenshot,design changes anything? Geez its like some US dark project with the secrecy.
bandusdr

Post by bandusdr »

Erik,

I appreciate the reply! I am sure I speak for many others when saying I am pleased that it is still in development. I look forward to future news!
Phuket

Post by Phuket »

Oh god I want this more than ever!!! I couldn't even begin to imagine all of the possibilities! Give me now! [:D]
I play and commentate games with a heavy emphasis on 4x, Strategy, Tycoon, and Roguelikes.
http://www.youtube.com/Saboutsplays
echo2361

Post by echo2361 »

Yeah, I must say that even though I enjoy playing Stellaris to a certain extent I feel like it is missing some key things that DW has. So in a way playing Stellaris has me more excited for DW2 so I'm looking forward to learning more about it in the (near?) future :)
Nen

Post by Nen »

Looking forward to this as well, I just hope they improve on the original, and won't take out features like some sequels love to do.
AKicebear

Post by AKicebear »

Extremely eager to learn anything about this, but I also appreciate them wanting to keep it under wraps for some time. One thing which was nice about Stellaris development was roughly 1 year from announcement to release. While HOI4 had how many years?

I think development diaries, community feedback, etc is good to build hype and generate feedback before release, but if the lead time is too long it can sap my enthusiasm.

Looking forward to see more at DW2 whenever the time is right - for now enjoying Endless Legend a few years late, which is probably how I should have approached Stellaris!

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”