issue at purchase

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

kingstuart444

issue at purchase

Post by kingstuart444 »

i have purchased many games here at matrix.
tonite i went to purchase a game on sale at 27.99. it failed hmm...

my bank's fraud dept contacted my by email saying there were two charges pending both for 28.00
1 to BLS*MATRIXGAMES
1 to BLUESNAP.COM

so 28.00 x 2 =56
just one game is in the cart- for 27.99

i have contacted storesupport@matrixgames.com by email
any ideas??
zakblood

RE: issue at purchase

Post by zakblood »

now it gone to support, better to wait for there reply, for me it seems some sort of error has made the system think you wanted to purchase it twice maybe, but support will sort it, sorry for your troubles
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Most likely this is a misread by your bank combining what is called the "pre-authorization" where the store checks to see if a charge can clear on your card and the actual charge. I recall a few instances in the past where for whatever reason the bank reported both to the customer as actual charges. Support will be able to help clear this up. If the second charge is the pre-authorization and was mis-reported by your bank then it should also disappear in a day or two, but the pre-authorization should never be reported by a bank as an actual deduction or charge if they're doing things right.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
kingstuart444

Post by kingstuart444 »

thank you matter settled

eric i want to pm you but your box is full
apd1004

Post by apd1004 »

FYI, my card also detected Bluesnap as a fraudulent charge when they tried a verification transaction of $1.

Check out this article on Plimus (which is now Bluesnap by the way...). Apparently Plimus was doing some illegal stuff and was the subject of a class action lawsuit.

http://krebsonsecurity.com/2014/03/whos ... more-25493

When Plimus changed their name to Bluesnap, I'm sure that didn't eliminate them being a blip on the radar of credit card companies for possible fraud.

I too have purchased many, many, titles from Matrix/Plimus (and Digital River prior to that) and would really appreciate Matrix resolving this issue. I'd like to give Matrix my money, but things like this make it a little difficult.

apd1004

Return to “General Discussion”