Mud isolation -> surrender?

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

Aditia

Mud isolation -> surrender?

Post by Aditia »

Quick question from a mud virgin

In the below screenshot, how susceptible are the isolated Axis units to surrender? They are isolated due to mud.
I think their defensive value should protect them from surrenders?

Should I move all Isolated units back until they are out of the void and release the pocket? Or can I just strengthen the positions until FBD catches up?
I guess in the same go, how is the chance of forcing the 3CV stack to surrender in mud?

Attachments
MudIsolation.jpg
MudIsolation.jpg (56.43 KiB) Viewed 48 times
Icier

RE: Mud isolation -> surrender?

Post by Icier »

I would use air drop of supplies.
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
schattensand2

Post by schattensand2 »

Your Units are not isolated but are out of support cause they are to far away from support.
If you rightclick over them they are beyond 100 hex effectic supply rule.
There is nothing you have to do but to learn -
till here and not further
Some FDB RRrepair will bring them back into minimal supply.
I second Ices solution, but if you can not attack the Russians can definitely not attack.
Nothing to fear here.
MrBlizzard

Post by MrBlizzard »

You could move your PzKps HQ closer to your units out of supply.
It's often enough to get them in supply again.
Blizzard

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”