Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New Panzer Command Title

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> New Panzer Command Title Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Panzer Command Title - 8/4/2016 6:39:18 PM   
Panzerbri

Is there a new title in the making ?
Post #: 1
RE: New Panzer Command Title - 8/4/2016 7:08:29 PM   
Mobius

We are looking on doing something new. Whether it is a patch, a supplement or new title will depend on the amount of time we can apply to it.

All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer

(in reply to Panzerbri)
Post #: 2
RE: New Panzer Command Title - 8/4/2016 7:22:42 PM   
Panzerbri

I'm glad to hear that, PCO is such a good game.

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 3
RE: New Panzer Command Title - 8/4/2016 7:33:02 PM   
zakblood

agreed, look forward to hearing more and if helps is needed testing, you only need to ask

(in reply to Panzerbri)
Post #: 4
RE: New Panzer Command Title - 8/4/2016 7:40:49 PM   
Panzerbri

The only thing I would ask, if the new title is going to be set in another theatre. Can we have some screen shots please.

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 5
RE: New Panzer Command Title - 8/6/2016 6:56:28 PM   
rickier65

As Mobius said, we are looking doing something, but haven't made any firm commitments. The team is pretty small.

Thanks
Rick

(in reply to Panzerbri)
Post #: 6
RE: New Panzer Command Title - 9/21/2016 4:07:49 PM   
Rush

Im still playing and enjoying Panzer Command Ostfront very much, any addition in any shape or form would be much appreciated.

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 7
RE: New Panzer Command Title - 9/23/2016 12:02:00 AM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rush

Im still playing and enjoying Panzer Command Ostfront very much, any addition in any shape or form would be much appreciated.

We're glad you're still enjoying it. There is just a couple of us working on it and it is taking longer than we had hoped. But we are still plugging away.

Thanks
Rick

(in reply to Rush)
Post #: 8
RE: New Panzer Command Title - 9/23/2016 1:02:46 PM   
Rush

Thanks for the reply Rick.

Where there's a will there's a way they say...and I for one wish you all the very best.

Panzer Command Ostfront deserves continuation as its truly a remarkable game that for me has the balance between tabletop and PC gaming.

I cant put my finger on it, but after a long PcO session I really get that satisfied "Wargame" fulfillment that I used to get many years ago at the Wargame tabletop evenings on Friday nights

PcO has that special ingredient to offer when you take the time to learn the mechanics and workings of the game. I think its a masterpiece.

Cheers

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 9
RE: New Panzer Command Title - 8/15/2017 3:34:50 AM   
eggmansdaddy

Hello-

So this game has never left my hard drive since I purchased it. Was wondering if Matrix/Slitherine has committed any thought/resources/people to keep this game engine going? This is a truly underappreciated game, it is a lot of fun if you take the time to learn it.

Might I suggest Pacific as the next theater. Not much on the tactical front there.

eggmansdaddy

(in reply to Rush)
Post #: 10
RE: New Panzer Command Title - 8/17/2017 12:21:58 AM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: eggmansdaddy

Hello-

So this game has never left my hard drive since I purchased it. Was wondering if Matrix/Slitherine has committed any thought/resources/people to keep this game engine going? This is a truly underappreciated game, it is a lot of fun if you take the time to learn it.

Might I suggest Pacific as the next theater. Not much on the tactical front there.

eggmansdaddy

Hey eggmansdaddy,

The "team" is pretty much down to two of us, and neither of us has been very active recently. We ran into a problem with the Map Maker that has proven to be rather difficult to resolve. The problem is with the google maps interface. This is a javascript/hta application and the interface with google maps no longer works.

There are a couple of more things I plan to try, but I'm not really optimistic at this point.

There were several things we were looking at improving in the engine, but without a functioning Map Maker, I'm not sure how far we can go. I'll post an update here if we're successful in getting MM to work. If any javascript-google map experts that are interested in having a go at it, let me know.

Thanks
Rick

(in reply to eggmansdaddy)
Post #: 11
RE: New Panzer Command Title - 8/25/2017 1:16:53 AM   
eggmansdaddy

quote:

Rick-

Thank you for the courtesy of a reply. I apologize for it being a little time before I meandered back this way. Not happy to hear the problem is the Google Maps Java api, but I know they changed their Maps interface awhile back and do you suspect that's the culprit?

I hope this gets figured out, this is too good a game engine to fade away. Anybody else using Google Maps you know in the developer community that might steer you to a solution?

Thanks
eggmansdaddy

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 12
RE: New Panzer Command Title - 8/25/2017 5:19:02 AM   
rickier65

quote:

Rick-

Thank you for the courtesy of a reply. I apologize for it being a little time before I meandered back this way. Not happy to hear the problem is the Google Maps Java api, but I know they changed their Maps interface awhile back and do you suspect that's the culprit?

I hope this gets figured out, this is too good a game engine to fade away. Anybody else using Google Maps you know in the developer community that might steer you to a solution?

Thanks
eggmansdaddy

yes i'm sure the new api is the reason. I thought I had rewritten the necessary parts for the new API, but i think it might be more fundamental. and tehre were several function that used to be supported but arn'e in the new API.

Thanks
rick

Post #: 13
RE: New Panzer Command Title - 8/25/2017 11:01:55 PM   
eggmansdaddy

Okay, that's reasonable. I wish you luck, I'd help but have no coding skills whatsoever.

What version of the api were you using?

eggmansdaddy

< Message edited by eggmansdaddy -- 8/25/2017 11:06:33 PM >

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 14
RE: New Panzer Command Title - 8/25/2017 11:46:37 PM   
rickier65

quote:

Okay, that's reasonable. I wish you luck, I'd help but have no coding skills whatsoever.

What version of the api were you using?

eggmansdaddy

Map Maker was actually written by Stridor for Panz Comm Kharkov. I'd have to check my notes to see what api ver it was, but it was quite old

Thanks
rick

Post #: 15
RE: New Panzer Command Title - 8/26/2017 3:06:21 AM   
eggmansdaddy

Clearly it's pre version 3...

2.+ maybe?

eggmansdaddy

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 16
RE: New Panzer Command Title - 8/26/2017 3:11:47 AM   
eggmansdaddy

https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/v2tov3

Post #: 17
RE: New Panzer Command Title - 8/26/2017 5:03:38 AM   
rickier65

yes thats the guide I went through. it doesnt cover everything. but I actually went through and replaced all of the v2 with the v3 equiv. And then I had to write some work arounds for some v2 fcns that weren't included in v3 api. but When I finished it still wasn't working. I have couple of things I'll try yet, but have been busy for last couple of months.

Thanks!
Rick

Post #: 18
RE: New Panzer Command Title - 8/30/2017 2:17:57 AM   
eggmansdaddy

Rick-

I appreciate your efforts. Would it be possible to introduce a different map generator? Keep in mind I don't know dick about coding, at least modern coding...LOL...can you say Basic programming on a green bar terminal...LMAO!It wasn't visual, but used a LOT of paper...at least I didn't have to punch cards...

Thanks for your effort, great game, sad it would die a death for lack of an API function.

Regards,

eggmansdaddy

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 19
RE: New Panzer Command Title - 8/30/2017 6:59:00 AM   
rickier65

quote:

Rick-

I appreciate your efforts. Would it be possible to introduce a different map generator? Keep in mind I don't know dick about coding, at least modern coding...LOL...can you say Basic programming on a green bar terminal...LMAO!It wasn't visual, but used a LOT of paper...at least I didn't have to punch cards...

Thanks for your effort, great game, sad it would die a death for lack of an API function.

Regards,

eggmansdaddy

well hopefully i wont expose my age, but I remember writing program name on the edge of the punch cards in their box so that if they got spilled it would be easier to get them back in order.

rick

Post #: 20
RE: New Panzer Command Title - 8/30/2017 7:22:33 AM   
rickier65

quote:

Rick-

Regards,

eggmansdaddy

Post #: 21
RE: New Panzer Command Title - 8/30/2017 11:53:33 AM   
eggmansdaddy

So I have been talking to another war game developer that says he does not use Google Maps, but has a different map generator. I suppose if you moved off the Java api it would be a massive undertaking in code re-write?

eggmansdaddy

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 22
RE: New Panzer Command Title - 8/30/2017 11:06:18 PM   
Talon_XBMCX

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rick

quote:

Rick-

Regards,

eggmansdaddy

well hopefully i wont expose my age, but I remember writing program name on the edge of the punch cards in their box so that if they got spilled it would be easier to get them back in order.

rick

Not only the program name, but the sequence number as well ... or so I've been told ;-)

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 23
RE: New Panzer Command Title - 9/1/2017 5:04:19 PM   
Mobius

I remember that each card had a printed sequence number. The large program name written on the side of the card deck was meant as a guide to which card box to return it to after sending it through the card reader.

All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer

(in reply to Talon_XBMCX)
Post #: 24
RE: New Panzer Command Title - 9/9/2017 12:15:07 AM   
eggmansdaddy

I saw on the website where there are like extra function libraries that appear to be written by third parties? At least that's my impression. Any chance one of those are something you need?

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 25
RE: New Panzer Command Title - 9/9/2017 3:49:31 AM   
rickier65

quote:

I saw on the website where there are like extra function libraries that appear to be written by third parties? At least that's my impression. Any chance one of those are something you need?

I implemented several workarounds I found on the web, but still had problems. I have couple of more things to try, but I won't be able to get to them for several weeks - other commitments right now.

I'll post an update here.

Thanks again!
Rick

Post #: 26
RE: New Panzer Command Title - 9/12/2017 11:37:30 PM   
eggmansdaddy

No Rick, thanks for slogging through this. Hope your plan works.

Regards,

eggmansdaddy

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 27
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> New Panzer Command Title Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI