Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

can CVPlanesinFlames be turned OFF ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> can CVPlanesinFlames be turned OFF ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
can CVPlanesinFlames be turned OFF ? - 8/4/2016 1:27:21 AM   
brian brian

I'm used to playing with the regular World in Flames counter set. There is a rarely used expansion kit called CV Planes in Flames which effectively doubles the number of CV plane counters.

This seems to be a permanent standard feature of MWiF.

Is there any way the MWiF counters can be edited down to the regular WiF set?

The double counters might be good in a very few cases. I do kinda look forward to having two of those 7 range Zeroes for the Japanese. But they will have to pay a lot of BPs to empty the pool to get both of them. And later in the war, they also will have a tougher time deploying their new aircraft designs.

The separate issue is allowing two planes on a CV. I admit I have never played with that option, but I don't wish to. From what I can tell from online comments over the years, it does favor the richest power in the game, the USA, the most. I think. ?

I know players like it at face value, so they can sail a CV from port loaded with a bomber squadron and a fighter squadron. But I'm fine with the abstractions of the regular counter set. A fleet CV carries let's say 75 planes on average in WWII, with many being a good bit less than that. Then these 75 planes have to interact with land-based aircraft units that dwarf them in size; yet the CV has the incredible flexibility to fly it's planes anywhere within range of the shore line, any time, with none of the increased vulnerability that would normally keep CVs out of shallow coastal waters.

I doubt that feature could ever be turned off in the code, but players can simply agree to play with one plane per CV as without CVPiF.
Post #: 1
RE: can CVPlanesinFlames be turned OFF ? - 8/4/2016 3:09:01 AM   
paulderynck

If you choose to play with CVPs, you get double the regular number. I agree with you this causes issues - especially for Japan.

Stacking two on one CV is much less of an issue; since, as you observed, players can enforce the alternative manually.

Paul

(in reply to brian brian)
Post #: 2
RE: can CVPlanesinFlames be turned OFF ? - 8/4/2016 7:23:08 AM   
Centuur

To me, it's a pity that the extra units generally were not put in MWIF as optional. Now, I can understand that Ships in Flames was put in totally, but the extra planes and units out of f.e. Mech in Flames should have put in as optional too.

I simply was to late to join the team, otherwise I would have urged to do so, since to me, it makes the game better if more pools are suddenly out of units.

Peter

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> can CVPlanesinFlames be turned OFF ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI