download link

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

cmdrsam

download link

Post by cmdrsam »

I've sent out two emails to support. One over the weekend. The other one yesterday. Have not received anything back.
I bought this game back in 2010. Had laptop issues. Anyway, I'm trying to replay and get a 200, or 220 code. Which means I need to reinstall from what I have read. Can provide serial key, and can also provide the email for when I purchased this game. Any help would be great.
Oberst_Klink

RE: download link

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: cmdrsam

I've sent out two emails to support. One over the weekend. The other one yesterday. Have not received anything back.
I bought this game back in 2010. Had laptop issues. Anyway, I'm trying to replay and get a 200, or 220 code. Which means I need to reinstall from what I have read. Can provide serial key, and can also provide the email for when I purchased this game. Any help would be great.
The installation fails or starting the game? For the latter, start it in Admin mode.

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
cmdrsam

Post by cmdrsam »

Am in admin mode. and it will load up the intial screen then die as it gives me the code.
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

Are you trying to install from the original CD? Did you update to the latest official version before trying the Beta?
The errors you describe sound like mismatched data which can happen if you install the original game from CD and jump right to the latest Beta.
The other thing I wonder about is the laptop - how old, what specs, what O/S?
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
cmdrsam

Post by cmdrsam »

older laptop. But it ran fine before. played several games on it. As far as the mismatch. That is why I'm looking for a download link or atleast be told no from tech. had no cd it was a direct link download what I used when I bought the game.
pws1225

Post by pws1225 »

Which is why I never buy via download. With a box game, you get a CD. With a download, you get promises. But good luck to you. I am sure Matrix will respond sooner or later.
BillBrown

Post by BillBrown »

ORIGINAL: pws1225

Which is why I never buy via download. With a box game, you get a CD. With a download, you get promises. But good luck to you. I am sure Matrix will respond sooner or later.

But when you download it, make copies of the download. I have 3 or 4 and the CD.
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

older laptop. But it ran fine before. played several games on it. As far as the mismatch. That is why I'm looking for a download link or atleast be told no from tech. had no cd it was a direct link download what I used when I bought the game.

In 2010 you probably downloaded from Digital River, their contractor at the time. They have changed since. But customer support can give you a new link if you have the DR data, and it looks like you do. Just be patient. I doubt they work weekends.
The Moose
cmdrsam

Post by cmdrsam »

ORIGINAL: BillBrown

But when you download it, make copies of the download. I have 3 or 4 and the CD.

Actually am reserved to just buying the game again if they don't get back to me. Fork over the extra for the box set.
cmdrsam

Post by cmdrsam »

Thanks.
cmdrsam

Post by cmdrsam »

I am. No scolding emails or anything like that. I get the weekend part as well. But two days into the week and no response or anything just kind of got to me a bit. But waiting it out. But like I said earlier I have kind of reserved myself to rebuying the game with the box set. But hopefully someone atleast responds to the email. Thanks Bullwinkle.
HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

When you buy the boxed version you also automatically get a download.

I always buy boxed versions, partly so I get an official backup, partly so I have a nice box with artwork on it for my shelf.

After making the purchase, I don't wait for the boxed version to arrive, after all it is only a backup.

I immediately download and start playing the game while backing up the initial download to a thumb drive.

Once the boxed CD arrives I have a second backup.
Hans

BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

I am. No scolding emails or anything like that. I get the weekend part as well. But two days into the week and no response or anything just kind of got to me a bit. But waiting it out. But like I said earlier I have kind of reserved myself to rebuying the game with the box set. But hopefully someone atleast responds to the email. Thanks Bullwinkle.
I would cut them some slack - the Win10 upgrade of millions of PCs has to have caused problems for many thousands of users of all the game Matrix supports.
Others have had good response just sending an e-mail to Matrix support from the help section on their web site. Quote your original code from the version of the game you bought, and ask for the latest official version 1.7.1124 Dec 25, 2014.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

Return to “Tech Support”