This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

chemkid

Post by chemkid »

btd64

RE: WitP-AE The Documentary | Kickstarter (idea)

Post by btd64 »

Not a bad idea. So start typing chem.[:D][:'(] A story about how the game came to be. Goes back to the Board game you know. 20+ years....GP

Post 3000 for me[:D]
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
chemkid

Post by chemkid »

Anachro

Post by Anachro »

While this would be pretty cool, I'd find an AAR in the style of a AAA-budget history documentary looking back at an in-game Pacific War and the multiple personalities, battles, operations, and strategies involved (maybe have multiple commanders involved on both sides in a chain of command i.e. someone as CINPAC, someone as COMSOPAC, etc.) Would probably never happen, but I'd contribute to a kickstarter for it. Would be fun to watch when it is finally done. Maybe the documentary could have an accompanying history book.

Someone did something tangentially related regarding the online massive multiplayer game EVE Online: Empires of EVE: A History of the Great Wars of EVE Online
"Now excuse me while I go polish my balls ..." - BBfanboy
chemkid

Post by chemkid »

Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

Sound great ideas, looking forward to see something like this. There are videos on youtube, but not that good. Only videos I want to see if it is on video, make it 1080p please :)
oaltinyay

Post by oaltinyay »

People wishing to be part can send in their own video interview that can be appended ? Maybe a basic set of questions that'll be answered and than a personal memo about the game. To be edited of course.
mind_messing

Post by mind_messing »

There was a guy on the Something Awful forum that did two day-by-day AAR's from both sides.

One idea that does interest me is the notion of using WITPAE as a narrative tool, a la Dwarf Fortress and Aurora 4X. Take a particular campaign, or a battle, within a game of AE and use that as the raw materials. The game provides the characters in the form of pilots and commanders, as well as flavor in the details.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”