Scenario Editor in Beta 11.6

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Flashpoint

vettim89

Scenario Editor in Beta 11.6

Post by vettim89 »

Is any one else having problems in the scenario editor in the open Beta? I can't get the editor to select a map. Doesn't matter if I try to modify an existing scenario or start one from scratch. Lost a few hours work because of this
"We have met the enemy and they are ours" - Commodore O.H. Perry
CapnDarwin

RE: Scenario Editor in Beta 11.6

Post by CapnDarwin »

Is the drop down empty? Any details or screen shots would help us pin down any bugs. Does it load scenarios okay? What OS are you running?

Thanks for reporting.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
cbelva

Post by cbelva »

As Capn D said, we need more info. If you could post a screen shot of what you are seeing that would be helpful. Also, are you running the Matrix version or Steam? Can you check the map folder to see if you have maps in the folder and are then png or jpg files. Also is the accompanying fp9 file in the map folder with the maps too. Each map should have two files in the folder, either a png or jpg graphic file and a fp9 file of the same name.
Charles Belva
vettim89

Post by vettim89 »

ORIGINAL: Capn Darwin

Is the drop down empty? Any details or screen shots would help us pin down any bugs. Does it load scenarios okay? What OS are you running?

Thanks for reporting.

The drop down is empty. This occurs even when loading an existing scenario. Yes, the game is running fine as far as actually loading scenarios to play

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium
cbelva

Post by cbelva »

As you can understand, without a saved file (not applicable in this case) or a screen shot and some additional info, we are working in the blind and hard to dx what your problem is. A screen shot of the screen with the pull down menu might be helpful and also a screenshot showing the contents of your map folder may be helpful also.

Also, which version of the game are you running and do you have any of the beta versions loaded?

Thanks
Charles Belva
vettim89

Post by vettim89 »

ORIGINAL: cbelva

As Capn D said, we need more info. If you could post a screen shot of what you are seeing that would be helpful. Also, are you running the Matrix version or Steam? Can you check the map folder to see if you have maps in the folder and are then png or jpg files. Also is the accompanying fp9 file in the map folder with the maps too. Each map should have two files in the folder, either a png or jpg graphic file and a fp9 file of the same name.

Bingo!!!!!!!!! We have a winner. When I installed update 11.2 I backed up my old map files. When I did that I moved the fp9 file out of the "Maps" folder. Moved them back in and every is WAD.

Thanks for the help
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

That's good news. Enjoy the editing.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
cbelva

Post by cbelva »

I'm glad you were able to figure it out.
Charles Belva

Return to “Tech Support”