Converting disruption to fatigue

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

Dinglir

Converting disruption to fatigue

Post by Dinglir »

Can anyone tell me, how much fatigue comes from disruption?

Lets say I have a unit of 1000 elements and 100 of those are disrupted. How much fatigue will come of this next turn?
To be is to do -- Socrates
To do is to be -- Jean-Paul Sartre
Do be do be do -- Frank Sinatra
Peltonx

RE: Converting disruption to fatigue

Post by Peltonx »

ORIGINAL: Dinglir

Can anyone tell me, how much fatigue comes from disruption?

Lets say I have a unit of 1000 elements and 100 of those are disrupted. How much fatigue will come of this next turn?

don't know the number myself but we could figure it out together.

Just pick a hex you bombed and I will let you know when I open turn.
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Dinglir

Post by Dinglir »

Let us go with the 263rd Infantry division in X79, Y65. It has been stationary for a while, gaining fatigue only (as far as I know) from being adjacent to enemy and from digging in.

Turn five I conducted two ground bombing attacks against the 263rd division.

First attack gave 108 disruption results.
Second attack gave 103 disruption results.

Let me know what you think after you get the turn back.

For the best possible result, we should probably choose a unit where you can look up the fatigue before ending your turn, and again after receiving the next. But even so, we wouldn't know how much fatigue was reduced between turns and so the number would be a little off.

And I'm far to lazy to conduct 100 attacks vrs AI and then counting each and every disrupt result[:)]
morvael

Post by morvael »

Or just make a local human vs human game (one after 1941-06-22) and test for yourself.
morvael

Post by morvael »

There is a problem in the next turn method - fatigue is reduced in logistics phase and you don't see the full effect. Bombing is really useful if you do it as a preparation before land attack, to reduce enemy CV and effectiveness in combat during your turn, not enemy turn. I'll look to provide some numbers.
Dinglir

Post by Dinglir »

I have done a very small, and entirely unscientific test by doing the fol1owing:

I used the 1942-45 Campaign as my test scenario, and played the first turn a couple of times, looking at one particular infantry unit.

During take one I did nothing at all. At the beginning of turn two, the elements of the infantry division I was looking at, had a fatigue rating of two to four.

During take two I did nothing as German, but as Soviet I attacked the same infantry unit with some 200+ bombers inflicting 161 disruption results (and a very few casualties). This resulted in an average fatigue of the elements in the division between 15 and 20 come turn two.

As the division contained some 726 elements that roughly translates into me having disrupted 20% of the divisional elements and that again leading to a fatigue increase of approximately 15 in my division as a whole.

As the uncertainties of this calculation are very high (leaderhsip rolls etc), I feel the easy way of assessing the "fatigue from disruption" is to say that 1% disrupted elements in a unit translates into 1% fatigue for the unit as a whole.

Any comments?

Does this compare to the results you see from my Ground Bombing attacks Pelton?

Return to “The War Room”