Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Live Episode 1: What exactly are my ROE?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations >> Live Episode 1: What exactly are my ROE? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Live Episode 1: What exactly are my ROE? - 7/20/2016 12:49:43 AM   
HalfLifeExpert

So i just fired up Old Grudges Never Die, and playing it i am having fun so far. I am playing as Turkey. However, something completely unexpected happened, and i am not sure if this is a random event that can happen or a bug.

Shortly after the scenario starts, i detect the first few Russian planes starting to take off, and i scramble a pair of F-16s to have in the air in the event of an airspace violation. I also order my sub to start moving north at 5 kts because i wanted it to be a little farther away from where it was.

Out of the blue, a Russian Il-38 May takes off, finds my sub, and sinks it with a torpedo! The sub was definitely in international waters, and there was no warning!

I have a few questions here:

A) Is this a bug or a possible event programmed into the scenario?

B) If it is not a bug, is the scenario programmed so that upon that sub being sunk, the government is informed of the situation?

C) What is my ROE in this case? I could have shot down the May that sank the sub, but none of my assets were in missile range, and the thing landed long before i could get any of my fighters anywhere close to it. My orders say take no lethal action against Russian Forces without explicit permission from Ankara.

The surprise of this really just has me baffled, and i really dont know if this occurrence is intentional or not. It seems to me that once this happens, i should be weapons free against Russian forces. Please Help!

MY frigate is now within harpoon range of a Russian spy ship, and i want to retaliate against it for the loss of my sub, what to do?

< Message edited by HalfLifeExpert -- 7/20/2016 1:00:54 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Live Episode 1: What exactly are my ROE? - 7/20/2016 1:27:25 AM   
HalfLifeExpert

UPDATE: Syrian and Russian Forces attacked Coalition Aircraft without warning. I never recieved any permission to engage, but i decided help the Coalition and retaliate against the spy ship and sank it, i also sent a pair of my F-16s into Syria to help some French planes under attack, and shot down a Russian Flanker, and then lost them to SAMS. But the strange thing is, I finally got a special message from the government, and it said:

"A Message from 10th Wing. The Government is protesting Russian air incursions; the Russian Ambassador has apparently been called in to receive the formal protest from the President!"

Uhh... Coalition forces were attacked without warning, my sub was sunk without warning, and No Russian aircraft entered my airspace, this message makes no sense.....

I dont know about anyone else's experiences so far, but it seems to me that there is some serious flaws with events in this scenario, the way this is unfolding, while suspenseful and fun to play, is starting to make less and less sense, especially this message from Ankara, and seems like errors to me.....

< Message edited by HalfLifeExpert -- 7/20/2016 1:32:24 AM >

(in reply to HalfLifeExpert)
Post #: 2
RE: Live Episode 1: What exactly are my ROE? - 7/20/2016 1:44:21 AM   
HalfLifeExpert

UPDATE II: The scenario has ended, my frigate just got sunk with AShM from i think the Russian Cruiser Moskva. The game labeled the outcome as a "Major Victory" for me. Uhh.... I lost both the Frigate and the Sub, two F-16s, and the Coalition lost:

4x Super Etendard M
2x Rafale M
2x Sentinel R.1 ASTOR [Global Express]
2x Sentry AEW.1 [E-3D]
1x Merlin HM.2
2x Tornado GR.4A
2x Tornado IDS

Russia lost three Su-30s and the spy ship that I sank. I hardly call this a "Victory"

Is anyone else getting similar situations in this scenario? Little of this makes sense to me..... I had to engage on my own initiative, going against my orders which explicitly stated no lethal action unless Ankara says otherwise.

Also all of this happened in less than two hours worth of game time.

< Message edited by HalfLifeExpert -- 7/20/2016 1:47:19 AM >

Post #: 3
RE: Live Episode 1: What exactly are my ROE? - 7/20/2016 1:52:57 AM   
Gunner98

It looks like the il-38 strike on the sub started the whole thing down an odd path. Not intentional.

Coalition losses are not considered in the scoring but what you got seems a bit wonky. I'll look into it.

B

Post #: 4
RE: Live Episode 1: What exactly are my ROE? - 7/20/2016 1:57:43 AM   
HalfLifeExpert

Thanks, i knew something was not going right, there is no reason for that May to automatically sink that sub i dont think.

Also i looked at the scoring log, my final score was 145, i never seemed to lose any points, that is weird.....

Ill post the message log if you want to take a look, i have attached it....

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by HalfLifeExpert -- 7/20/2016 2:03:54 AM >

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 5
RE: Live Episode 1: What exactly are my ROE? - 7/20/2016 2:36:35 AM   
Rosseau

With all the custom scenarios out there, this series is creative but tough to buy into unless you just want to support the dev - which is a good thing!

I paid full price ($80?) for it on day one, so feel I am a supporter already

Post #: 6
RE: Live Episode 1: What exactly are my ROE? - 7/20/2016 2:40:37 AM   
HalfLifeExpert

Maybe its the fact that I got CMANO as a gift, but I have been very pleased with the developers and am perfectly happy to support them and pay for the DLC, that's why I bought this and NI as soon as I could...

But that is not the point of this thread.....

< Message edited by HalfLifeExpert -- 7/20/2016 2:49:52 AM >

(in reply to Rosseau)
Post #: 7
RE: Live Episode 1: What exactly are my ROE? - 7/20/2016 12:42:33 PM   
gregor40

I can confirm - I also got the sub sunk without a warning and was pretty supprised that no information was issued from the government to the commanders. Like it was left unnoticed. Not very realistic :(

Post #: 8
RE: Live Episode 1: What exactly are my ROE? - 7/20/2016 12:47:01 PM   
IainMcNeil

These scenarios are only $2.99 and include a lot of complex scripting so do offer something you don't often see in a user scenario. There is also the general background info, trailer, newspaper etc to give it a more immersive feel. However if that's not for you then no problem! The next one I thin is pretty fun though and includes 2 scenarios :)

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to gregor40)
Post #: 9
RE: Live Episode 1: What exactly are my ROE? - 7/20/2016 12:52:12 PM   
Gunner98

Looking into the sub sinking issue at the moment.

Thanks

(in reply to gregor40)
Post #: 10
RE: Live Episode 1: What exactly are my ROE? - 7/20/2016 8:00:40 PM   
WBailey

When I've played as Turkey sometimes I get the surprise torpedo mentioned, other times the US goes hostile against Russia for seemingly no reason. Attached is a save from right after detecting the torpedo. I'll make a new thread if I notice any other problems and get a save file.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 11
RE: Live Episode 1: What exactly are my ROE? - 7/20/2016 8:18:24 PM   
Gunner98

OK Thanks. That one should be fixed in the next release.

Edit, the mystery torpedo issue has been fixed, not clear on the US going hostile one you mention. Could you send a save of that?

Thanks

< Message edited by Gunner98 -- 7/20/2016 8:26:20 PM >

(in reply to WBailey)
Post #: 12
RE: Live Episode 1: What exactly are my ROE? - 7/20/2016 8:28:31 PM   
WBailey

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gunner98

OK Thanks. That one should be fixed in the next release.

Edit, the mystery torpedo issue has been fixed, not clear on the US going hostile one you mention. Could you send a save of that?

Thanks

I posted a new thread in tech support and I'm trying to replicate that now. Thanks for the bug fixing!

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 13
RE: Live Episode 1: What exactly are my ROE? - 7/20/2016 10:26:55 PM   
HalfLifeExpert

Thanks for working on these issues Gunner, I look forward to the next patch....

(in reply to WBailey)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations >> Live Episode 1: What exactly are my ROE? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI