Scenarios

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian, WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin

tbridges

Scenarios

Post by tbridges »

I just purchased Red Storm version 2.0.11bs and it looks great. I prefer to PBEM against other live players rather than solo against the AI, but it looks like almost all the stock scenarios are designed to be played as NATO against the AI. Are there more mods or PBEM designed scenarios available somewhere?
Tom

The easy way is always mined...
Lowlaner2012

RE: Scenarios

Post by Lowlaner2012 »

Hey there...tbridges

If you scroll down through the scenarios you will see that there are different versions of the same scenarios, meant for either NATO v the AI, the Soviets v the AI or Head to head...

The AI in FPCRS regularly kicks my arse...

And if you are looking for pbem game I will give you one...

Highlandcharge :-)
kevinkins

Post by kevinkins »

Is there a pressing need for H2H maps? For example, re-configured terrain with player preferred OOBs that allow for the H2H matches to proceed in a timely manner. If someone with experience can post the preferred OOB size and scenario length I would be happy to prepare a custom H2H map where FOW is preserved for the players since they will have no knowledge of the map or OOB prior to the H2H.

Kevin
“The study of history lies at the foundation of all sound military conclusions and practice.”
Alfred Thayer Mahan
tbridges

Post by tbridges »

Wow! Thanks gents - those are both great offers! I just got the game and am kind of waiting for the new update to come out. Let me learn the game a little better and I'll be back in touch.

Tom

The easy way is always mined...

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”