Problems with Parallels

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Flashpoint

Tuhhodge

Problems with Parallels

Post by Tuhhodge »

This is a bit tricky and I suspect there will be very few people able to understand, let alone help. I play games on my Macbook Pro through Parallels 10.

I downloaded Flashpoint Campaigns Red Storm Player's Edition through Windows 8.1 operating within Parallels worked and the game installed, as have previous games like WITE, which works flawlessly, including updates, Beta editions and downloaded mods.

The game works fine, however, every time I try to use the Game Menu to update, although the system finds that an update is available - v.2010d, as soon as I click to install the installer says 'unable to download file...An error occurred while trying to open an FTP file'.

Trying to download either onto the mac or into internet explorer within windows doesn't work either. It simply says Safari cannot download data from that page.

[&:]
CapnDarwin

RE: Problems with Parallels

Post by CapnDarwin »

My guess is your AV program may be blocking the updater trying to use the FTP. I have that issue. You can try turning it off and doing the update.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
Tuhhodge

Post by Tuhhodge »

Sadly, although I turned off the Windows and Mac firewalls, the same error occurred.
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

You should be able to log into the members area and download the update that way instead of the updater. I would also jump over into the Matrix tech support forum and raise the issue with them. They may have better ideas on how to solve this problem than we do.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

Return to “Tech Support”