Air Group Withdrawal

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

krb3

Air Group Withdrawal

Post by krb3 »

I have an Air Group that was scheduled to be withdrawn Jan 15, 1942. It is now Feb 13, 1942. I clicked on the Air Group but the withdrawal option is greyed out. I'm still learning this game but I do not understand why it will not let me withdraw the group. I thought air groups and troop withdrawals were done automatically with me not having to do anything. The Group withdrawal schedule is telling me that I am being dinged 90 PP because I have several that needs to be withdrawn. Can someone explain.

Attachments
AirGroupWithdrawal.jpg
AirGroupWithdrawal.jpg (320.23 KiB) Viewed 187 times
HansBolter

RE: Air Group Withdrawal

Post by HansBolter »

Disbanding is a form of withdrawal.

It is the only form available to you for some SQUADRONS.

Its a squadron you are trying to withdraw, not a group.

Groups typically consist of three to four squadrons and an HQ squadron.
Hans

Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

Adding, do you see the 'P' on the top line, next to the date? That means Permanent withdrawal, so disbanding sends the unit to Europe. Some air units come back to the PTO later and don't have the P.
The Moose
krb3

Post by krb3 »

Thanks for the help.
mussey

Post by mussey »

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

Adding, do you see the 'P' on the top line, next to the date? That means Permanent withdrawal, so disbanding sends the unit to Europe. Some air units come back to the PTO later and don't have the P.
Where's Waldo?!?, I'm sorry what 'P'? Can't find it[:(]
Col. Mussbu

The long arm of the law - "The King of Battle"

mussey

Post by mussey »

I'm at a ballgame. Not sure what's worse, losing to the Yankee's or finding this darn 'P'. [:@]
Col. Mussbu

bobdina

Post by bobdina »

Its at the top in red.
mussey

Post by mussey »

ORIGINAL: bobdina

Its at the top in red.
My bad, many thanks. Oh boy....[8|]
Col. Mussbu

BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: mussey

ORIGINAL: bobdina

Its at the top in red.
My bad, many thanks. Oh boy....[8|]
No big blooper - the contrast between the red/dark brown is low. I had to get out the magnifying glass to read it.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

By the way, missing withdrawal option (especially in West Coast restricted squadrons) denotes that unit is designed to be transferred to Europe. That is the idea behind not having withdrawal option. What you can do, is to transfer best pilots into General reserve and then disband it.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

m10bob

Post by m10bob »

Land Combat Units are the only ones which will withdraw automatically, and watch those scheduled for withdrawal so as not to find some airfield suddenly without a ground support unit!..

To be safe, I will check LCU's for a withdrawal date, (they will be on the unit detail).
If they are to withdraw within a year, I will not even send them overseas whatsoever, lest I forget they will be going to Europe!.

Ship withdrawals will also need to withdraw, and some are required to leave soon after the war begins, so watch for them religiously!!!Generally, the larger the ship, the more the penalty for keeping them too long.

BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

Just had a thought - if any of the withdrawing units has a really good leader it might be worth spending the PP to swap for a lousy one before the withdrawal is done. I know my Allied LCU leader pools have lots of moderately good leaders but not many great ones.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
ggeilman

Post by ggeilman »

Any reason the withdrawn air groups need pilots at all? A lot of the early ones have spent months training on the east coast.
btd64

Post by btd64 »

Pull out the pilots....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
ggeilman

Post by ggeilman »

I pretty much have been, just wanted to make sure it would not cause a problem. Starting to have a small reserve of somewhat trained pilots. Hey, besides the Tigers and the squadrons I got out of the Phillipeans, they are the better than what is at the front anyway.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”