Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

World at War will not come to iPad

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Our Archives] >> Gary Grisby’s World at War iPad >> World at War will not come to iPad Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
World at War will not come to iPad - 6/29/2016 1:58:02 PM   
Iain McNeil

Hi guys

unfortunately we have some bad news for those of you waiting for this game.

This project was far more complex than the team initially realised. They were able to get it to run on iOS but the UI was just so much work that it would take years to complete with the small team. Taking in to account how quickly Apple change the goal posts and what this would cost, its been decided to stop work on the project. It is a real shame as a game like this on iOS would have been great but the decline in premium games on iOS, old code base, dated UI design, and work to update those just make it prohibitively expensive and the team would never get their money back. Sorry we don't have better news for those if you waiting for this game.

The only good news is the team are looking at what they can do instead of this so hopefully we'll see them helping out on a existing project or starting a new one.

Cheers

Iain

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
Post #: 1
RE: World at War will not come to iPad - 7/7/2016 5:55:38 AM   
Missouri_Rebel

Well that sure is a kick in the pants. There are really no games on IPAD worth playing save for the occasional Vietnam '65.

Remember just a few years ago the scare around here that the market was turning exclusively to mobile devices? That proved to be unfounded.

**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford

(in reply to Iain McNeil)
Post #: 2
RE: World at War will not come to iPad - 9/10/2016 10:21:59 AM   
dobeln

Too bad - amazing game. Just adding the current email system and re-releasing for PC with the best mods for a budget price would be pretty amazing.

(in reply to Missouri_Rebel)
Post #: 3
RE: World at War will not come to iPad - 11/15/2016 10:35:43 AM   
toddtreadway

I agree that this came could really use the new PBEM system, and a few updates. One of my favorites!

(in reply to dobeln)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Our Archives] >> Gary Grisby’s World at War iPad >> World at War will not come to iPad Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI