sudden Death Campaign - first time CG

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

Cavalry Corp

sudden Death Campaign - first time CG

Post by Cavalry Corp »

ok guys please give me a few tips - I am playing sudden death CG against a human. latest patch. Have played many scenarios.
Just done first turn - isolated loads of Russian to capture soon. Avoiding big fights - just isolating where ever possible.
Destroyed about 2400 planes is that good enough?
What are the first few major objectives - assume Leningrad??
What are a few pitfalls to avoid?
Should I be doing HQ build up with advance panzers and or alternate them - or just keep going mad if the Russians remain weak or elusive.
Commanders to change or wait a while - its pretty easy the first few turns build up AP and use them as true needs arise.
Should airbases be moved before flying missions?

Another question IF I want to advance in mud ( later) what is best just infantry?

Cav

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”