AF Damage and AC Rein / Upgrades

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

jcax101

AF Damage and AC Rein / Upgrades

Post by jcax101 »

Stock scenario 1.

I have a note that says:

>59 Runway or Service Damage will prevent the air groups from reinforcing or from upgrading. Is that accurate, or does runway damage prevent reinforcements and service damage prevent upgrades or vice versa?

Was looking at the note and wondered if there was greater detail to it.

Thanks,
Scott
BBfanboy

RE: AF Damage and AC Rein / Upgrades

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: jcax101

Stock scenario 1.

I have a note that says:

>59 Runway or Service Damage will prevent the air groups from reinforcing or from upgrading. Is that accurate, or does runway damage prevent reinforcements and service damage prevent upgrades or vice versa?

Was looking at the note and wondered if there was greater detail to it.

Thanks,
Scott
Not enough information. Check the manual on upgrades - there is a bunch of criteria including airfield size, Air HQs, Command HQs and supply that can affect this, not to mention your pools.

On the specific question of damage affecting upgrades - I don't know.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
jcax101

RE: AF Damage and AC Rein / Upgrades

Post by jcax101 »

You're right it was vague, and I went back and found the source. Ironically it's page 256 of the manual. I should have said all other conditions are met, but the AF is damaged beyond 59%. But finding it in the manual seems to have answered my question. Damage on either >59% prevents both from happening.

Let me know if anyone has seen anything different.

Thanks,
Scott

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”