NBA history!

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

wings7

NBA history!

Post by wings7 »

Down 3 games to 1 to win the NBA Championship! Congratulations to Cleveland and the Cavaliers! [:)]
http://www.nba.com/games/20160619/CLEGS ... ef:nbahpts

Patrick
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
SteveD64

RE: NBA history!

Post by SteveD64 »

Sweet win! Down 3-1 I thought there was no way the Cavs could pull this off. Then I remembered this quote "Whatever happens, we have got the Lebron James and they have not"
Zap

Post by Zap »

Exciting 7th game (my favorites warriors)were unable to put down the 3 pointers in the fourth quarter
JWW

Post by JWW »

Let me start by saying I was neutral in the finals. I just wanted a good game. I'm a San Antonio fan first and then OKC. I have nothing against Curry or Lebron. They are both great, though I think Lebron has a toughness about him that the all time greats have, and Curry doesn't, though he may learn something from this series. However, I was hoping for a SERIES like game seven. So I was terribly disappointed by the finals. You have six double digit blowouts, most of them totally noncompetitive games. And then you finally have a good game seven. I don't think you can judge game seven without looking at the series. Most of the games I turned off. Game six I turned off halfway through the first quarter and just checked the score a couple of times in the second half. Game seven was outstanding. But the series smells. Yes. I'll throw it out there. Someone who is cynical might question the validity of those first six games. http://time.com/money/4373400/nba-final ... -revenues/ That is probably crazy, but I think the series has to be judged in its entirety, and in its entirety it was a lousy series.
Canoerebel

Post by Canoerebel »

If it was rigged, wouldn't they rig it to make the game close and entertaining?

They aren't rigged. They aren't fixed. Nobody could keep a conspiracy like that quiet.
"Rats set fire to Mr. Cooper’s store in Fort Valley. No damage done." Columbus (Ga) Enquirer-Sun, October 2, 1880.
JWW

Post by JWW »

Rigging the games to be close might lead to someone screwing up and the wrong team winning. Actually I think the blowouts make rigged games more likely. The 2016 finals have 2 of the 17 biggest winning margins in NBA finals history. The margins by game were 15, 33, 30, 11, 15, 14, 4. Not a single close game until game 7. You would think at least one of the first six games would have been close. Then suddenly in game 7 the teams play even up for the entire game, after being unable to come close to that for six games.

As I said, though, that is probably a crazy idea, though NBA games have been rigged. Don't forget referee Tim Donaghy, who was convicted on charges related to making calls to beat the point spread for gambling purposes in 2005-07.

Even so, that is probably a crazy idea. But I'll still say that this was a lousy finals, barely worth watching until game 7.
jacktimes2

Post by jacktimes2 »

Live by the three, die by the three. What a comeback!
wings7

Post by wings7 »

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

If it was rigged, wouldn't they rig it to make the game close and entertaining?

They aren't rigged. They aren't fixed. Nobody could keep a conspiracy like that quiet.

1+ , plus these athletes have devoted their lives to be professionals and winning justifies it all!
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
JWW

Post by JWW »

I found it to be a lousy finals, all conspiracy talk aside. Only game seven was entertaining.

Return to “General Discussion”