Problem Updating

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

DWReese

Problem Updating

Post by DWReese »

I was up-to-date as of the version 1.11, Build 823 that came out.

I noticed that many have Builds much higher than 823. I wanted to update it. It was suggested by another poster to run an update. I did, but it never changed anything. I'm still at 1.11, Build 823. What should I do to get to a Build higher than 823?
Mini_Von

RE: Problem Updating

Post by Mini_Von »

I just ran the 1.11 installer and see that the default install path is C:\Matrix Games\Command Modern Air Naval Operations. The path that I use on my computer is C:\Matrix Games\Command Wargame of the Year Edition. If you open up your matrix games folder, do you have 2 different but similar CMANO folders like the ones above? If you have 2 folders then you have installed the update to the wrong folder.

Right click on your CMANO shortcut icon and select properties, click on open file location. You will then see where your CMANO game is located. Make sure that you change the destination in the 1.11 installer to point to this folder.
DWReese

Post by DWReese »

I do have two folders, as you have indicated. I have always used the CMANO folder, and not the Wargame of the Year folder. I have updated it MANY times before into the CMANO folder and it has always worked. So, I'm not sure why it wouldn't work now.

Are you saying that I SHOULD do this to make it work, or are you saying that this is what YOU DID to make yours work?

Remember, I am able to see that I am using Version 1.11, Build 823 already. I would just like the Build to go to a higher build than 823. It would seem to me that if I have that then it should just be able to update the Build and work fine.

thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

I think 1.11 should be 825. My suggestion is scrap the install and start fresh. It looks to me like you have the install spread over two different directories. I might be remembering wrong so if someone has a better idea, go with that.
DWReese

Post by DWReese »

Kevin,

The second folder, the Wargame of the Year, doesn't seem to do anything. The few files and sub folders in it are all duplicated in the other folder, and that is the folder (CMANO) is where the shortcut goes to. So, I don't see that the WGOTY folder is involved in anything.

Doug
Mini_Von

Post by Mini_Von »

Have you disabled your antivirus and any spyware programs? Unzip the download to your desktop. Right click the 1.11 installer and select run as administrator and install to your CMANO directory.

You could try unzipping the installer to you desktop and manually moving the files to the correct spot in the CMANO directory, but you run the risk of placing something in the wrong location. Maybe you should try thewood's suggestion and uninstall and delete all traces of CMANO and WGOTY and install from scratch.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

I would also discuss in one string instead of two[:)] This is gonna get confusing if not.

Mike
DWReese

Post by DWReese »

I deleted the WGOTY folder, and my game still works, so that was not the problem.

I did what you suggested and tried to run the program as an administrator. That makes no difference because the program runs (just as it does otherwise), but then the error message about the version being too low appears. It claims that I need version 1.09 before I can run the update for version 1.11. Of course, I already have version 1.11, so it doesn't make any sense.

before I delete everything and try to start over, I really think that if I could simply get a copy of an updated Command.exe file from someone that would fix the problem. When I do the update, other items seem to be updated, it's just when it gets to the program that it doesn't work. If I could try swapping my April 28, 2016 exe file with the new exe file, I believe that it would work. That would be easier than uninstalling, and reinstalling.

Anyone want to zip up a copy of their exe file and send it to me?

My email address is: dwreese at bellsouth dot net

Thanks

Doug
Mini_Von

Post by Mini_Von »

I recommend that you do a completely new reinstall. I think by cutting and pasting random files will make your problems worse. Even if you get it working now, you might come up with other problems down the road. Save yourself some aggravation and start over.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Looks like his issue is solved behind door number one. Thanks for helping Von!

tm.asp?m=4101326

Mike

Return to “Tech Support”