Scouting

Forum dedicated to the Scourge of War Game set during the Napoleonic Wars. Scourge of War: Waterloo follows in the footsteps of its American Civil War predecessors and takes the action to one of the most famous battles in history. It is by far the most detailed game about the final battle of the War of the Seventh Coalition.

Moderator: MOD_ScourgeofWarWaterloo

mceochaidh

Scouting

Post by mceochaidh »

I very much enjoy the "Hunt them Down" scenarios. What is the best way to scout for the enemy? Is there a way to detach or breakdown cavalry units to cover more area? Or do you TC multiple cavalry units or infantry skirmishers?

Thanks
mitra76

RE: Scouting

Post by mitra76 »

In the slider toolbar or using the courier order you have the possibility to use the scout order, which will detach single squadrons to move around the map (on the border and crossing the center) following a pattern until found a enemy
Visit my wargame blog: http://warforgame.blogspot.it/
mceochaidh

Post by mceochaidh »

Thanks, I tried it. I noticed a button for screening. How would this work?

Finally, when I use the wheel buttons, the unit does not seem to wheel as it does normally. I would expect, for example, if you choose "wheel left - forward" the left corner of the line would remain stationary and the right corner would wheel left and forward, maintaining the line. Instead, it seems that the entire line moves forward a short distance, wheeling slightly left.

Can you explain how these wheel commands are supposed to work.

I do like the new slider, much easier to use and easier to see than the old grog toolbar.
mitra76

Post by mitra76 »

Thanks, I tried it. I noticed a button for screening. How would this work?

Cavalry screening approach the enemy line without attacking if not forced, is like a sort of skirmishing for delay the enemy
Finally, when I use the wheel buttons, the unit does not seem to wheel as it does normally. I would expect, for example, if you choose "wheel left - forward" the left corner of the line would remain stationary and the right corner would wheel left and forward, maintaining the line. Instead, it seems that the entire line moves forward a short distance, wheeling slightly left.

Thw wheeling on the pivot, force a 10° rotation of the flank involved at every click; sometime because of ground elevation and short angle rotation it can give the impression the full line move, but if you give more click you can see better the effect of pivot rotation
Visit my wargame blog: http://warforgame.blogspot.it/

Return to “Scourge of War: Waterloo”