Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Scouting

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Scourge of War: Waterloo >> Scouting Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Scouting - 6/19/2016 5:01:18 PM   
mceochaidh

I very much enjoy the "Hunt them Down" scenarios. What is the best way to scout for the enemy? Is there a way to detach or breakdown cavalry units to cover more area? Or do you TC multiple cavalry units or infantry skirmishers?

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Scouting - 6/24/2016 8:45:44 PM   
mitra76

In the slider toolbar or using the courier order you have the possibility to use the scout order, which will detach single squadrons to move around the map (on the border and crossing the center) following a pattern until found a enemy

Visit my wargame blog: http://warforgame.blogspot.it/

(in reply to mceochaidh)
Post #: 2
RE: Scouting - 6/29/2016 5:49:25 PM   
mceochaidh

Thanks, I tried it. I noticed a button for screening. How would this work?

Finally, when I use the wheel buttons, the unit does not seem to wheel as it does normally. I would expect, for example, if you choose "wheel left - forward" the left corner of the line would remain stationary and the right corner would wheel left and forward, maintaining the line. Instead, it seems that the entire line moves forward a short distance, wheeling slightly left.

Can you explain how these wheel commands are supposed to work.

I do like the new slider, much easier to use and easier to see than the old grog toolbar.

(in reply to mitra76)
Post #: 3
RE: Scouting - 6/30/2016 8:50:41 PM   
mitra76

quote:

Thanks, I tried it. I noticed a button for screening. How would this work?

Cavalry screening approach the enemy line without attacking if not forced, is like a sort of skirmishing for delay the enemy

quote:

Finally, when I use the wheel buttons, the unit does not seem to wheel as it does normally. I would expect, for example, if you choose "wheel left - forward" the left corner of the line would remain stationary and the right corner would wheel left and forward, maintaining the line. Instead, it seems that the entire line moves forward a short distance, wheeling slightly left.

Thw wheeling on the pivot, force a 10° rotation of the flank involved at every click; sometime because of ground elevation and short angle rotation it can give the impression the full line move, but if you give more click you can see better the effect of pivot rotation

Visit my wargame blog: http://warforgame.blogspot.it/

(in reply to mceochaidh)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Scourge of War: Waterloo >> Scouting Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI