Axis in Maikop: 50000 tons of fuel for sale.

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

Balou

Axis in Maikop: 50000 tons of fuel for sale.

Post by Balou »

There is a large fuel depot, damage to fuel ind. at 26%, rail link to my grid completed, but seemingly no nearby axis hq draws fuel from it. Where is all that fuel (approx. 50k tons) going ? Same thing in Leningrad (28k tons), stable deposit for zillions of turns. I noticed that fuel production in the production screen has increase by 10 (size of Maikop fuel industry), but I had rather expect that the fuel already captured in Maikop would benefit nearby HQs. Is captured fuel primarely going back to my pool or rather distributed on site ? Looks like I am still a noob in WitE production and logistics.
“Aim towards enemy“.
- instructions on U.S. rocket launcher
morvael

RE: Axis in Maikop: 50000 tons of fuel for sale.

Post by morvael »

I tried to add some gains from capturing Soviet oil reserves (1.08.05 new feature #67), if you have a save I could check if it is working. But since there are no resource shortages in WitE 1.0, then it doesn't really matter.

It also doesn't matter if there are large stocks nearby, supplies and fuel are moved where the HQs need them in quantities allowed for by various modifiers like range to rail, rail modifier etc. They will not take more. And if Maikop is close to the front then it's possible that your HQs are supplies from cities further west.
Balou

RE: Axis in Maikop: 50000 tons of fuel for sale.

Post by Balou »

1) Game was started under 1.08.04, and I haven't updated this one.
2) Maikop is 1 hex from the Caucasus frontline
3) If I understand correctly, as long as there is no shortage nearby (altogether I am drowning in fuel), stuff like fuel will stay where it is.

Thanks morvael.

“Aim towards enemy“.
- instructions on U.S. rocket launcher

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”