Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Apache Effectiveness

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Apache Effectiveness Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Apache Effectiveness - 6/14/2016 5:25:50 PM   
chromdome35

I've been playing around with the scenario builder and enjoying it quite a bit.

I've come across an interesting thing related to Apache attack helo's.

Fairly deep into the battle, I flanked a couple of sections of Apaches into the enemy's rear to go after their SP Arty. I currently have four Apaches sitting right next to some russian arty and for a couple of cycles now, the apaches fire at them but aren't making any kills. You would think that any modern attack hele would chew apart a bunch of unprotected SP Arty.

I also noticed that another flight of four apaches were sitting three hexes away from a couple of T80's and never once fired at it. They just sat there for several cycles with full ammo loads, totally ignoring the T80s.

Bug???
Post #: 1
RE: Apache Effectiveness - 6/14/2016 5:40:00 PM   
CapnDarwin

Maybe a bug, but more likely bad LOS, low ammo, low readiness or a combination of those. If you are on 2.0.10 then there is a good chance it is a bug. Grabbing the latest 2.0.11 beta patch will solve an number of issues.

We are working hard on Southern Storm!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations

(in reply to chromdome35)
Post #: 2
RE: Apache Effectiveness - 6/14/2016 6:28:43 PM   
cbelva

There is also a problem in the helo's logic in the game that we will have to try and iron out in SS. When a helo gets low on ammo, it is suppose to plot a route back to it SHQ and rearm/refuel. Normally it does a good job. However, if it runs into an enemy unit between itself and its SHQ, it has a tendency to cancel its move. When it does decide to move again, it looses it desire to go home. We have been working on that, but I don't think we are entirely there yet. If that happens, you have to manually set its movement back to hits HQ.

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Apache Effectiveness Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI