Touch Screens and AE: Have you...

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Admiral DadMan

Touch Screens and AE: Have you...

Post by Admiral DadMan »

...played with a touch screen laptop or PC? I'm curious, as I'm considering a touchscreen unit.
Scenario 127: "Scraps of Paper"
(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:
geofflambert

RE: Has Anyone Played AE With a...

Post by geofflambert »

I'm holding out for the time when I can take over the Earth with just the power of my mind.

BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

I have been thinking of using a touchscreen but the number of close together buttons on the game screens makes me think my clumsy fingers would have a hard time of it. e.g. - even with the mouse I sometimes hit the "disband TF button" when I am trying to hit the "transfer ships to TF" button.

But I could still use a mouse with the touch screen and if it were possible to move the screen by swiping it, it would be so much easier!
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

Not a touch screen really, but I have hit the screen once or twice when playing.....
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

ORIGINAL: crsutton

Not a touch screen really, but I have hit the screen once or twice when playing.....

I think you've just invented a very marketable product. For those forums where you're allowed to, even expected to discuss politics:

The Punch Screen! [:D]

Chris21wen

RE: Touch Screens and AE: Have you...

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: Admiral DadMan

...played with a touch screen laptop or PC? I'm curious, as I'm considering a touchscreen unit.

I'm playing on one now but using a mouse, everything's too close for me. Mind you the only input devices I can use with any degree of competence are the mouse and k/b.
Macclan5

Post by Macclan5 »

Hmmm...

A touch screen is an interesting idea.

My daughters laps top is a Windows10 touch screen likely with enough internal graphics (INTEL) to run this baby... may have to give it a spin as the desktop is 5 years old.

The screen size and resolution would need to be considered.

Question:

If you started a GC Game using touch screen instead of a mouse ???

Would you eliminate carpal tunnel syndrome from the first two turns ? Or would it be replaced by damaged nerve endings index finger ?

[:D]
A People that values its privileges above it's principles will soon loose both. Dwight D Eisenhower.
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

I'm holding out for the time when I can take over the Earth with just the power of my mind.

[:D] What mind?
I sometimes hit the "disband TF button" when I am trying to hit the "transfer ships to TF" button.

Don't feel like the 'Lone Stranger'.[:'(]

Or would it be replaced by damaged nerve endings index finger ?

Use one of those touch pens (or whatever they're called).
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

ORIGINAL: rustysi

Ok, I'm still evolving. Give me some time.

BillBrown

Post by BillBrown »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

ORIGINAL: rustysi

Ok, I'm still evolving. Give me some time.

I'm not sure we can wait 65 million years. [8D]
DOCUP

Post by DOCUP »

I have a touch screen computer. I don't use it all that often. I thought I would, but I don't. The small boxes to touch does get kinda hard, I have to reach to get to the screen then I'm to close to the screen. A wireless mouse is what I like.
LoBaron

Post by LoBaron »

ORIGINAL: crsutton

Agreed, touch screens are overrated. Shock resistent and waterproof is the way to go for hardware destined to display WitP replays.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”