WITE Rulebook Wiki

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

RKhan

WITE Rulebook Wiki

Post by RKhan »

I'm frustrated by the lack of a current rulebook for this game, and I'm sure it does not help with growing our community of players. So I decided to do something about it.

http://wite.wikidot.com/home:home

However, it is a lot of work. So, I'm wondering if there are any people out there who would be willing to help support this effort. I'm happy to finish uploading the base manual, but that is of no value unless it is updated with the latest release notes. I can't even contemplate taking all that on. I also have not sorted an easy way to get the tables across.

Apologies to Matrix Games for publishing their rulebook. It is not actually copyrighted anywhere and I will happily take this down if there is an issue. I understand the rulebook person was lost from the development team, so hopefully they will be ok with this.

BTW please tell me if there is a problem accessing the link of the edit features. It is hard to tell when you are the administrator if it works for others and I'm too lazy to login as my wife and check. [:'(]
RKhan
uw06670

RE: WITE Rulebook Wiki

Post by uw06670 »

Thanks for taking this on. Its an answer to a wish list item for WitE 2.0 (hopefully they will do it there too).

- Mark
uw06670

Post by uw06670 »

I was able to join and make an edit.

once you get the base all uploaded, perhaps people can adopt a certain section for updating.
- Mark
rainman2015

Post by rainman2015 »

A Wiki is not a bad idea, so much is changing all the time and at least tips and such could all be there. However, i wrote the below on the forums just a few days ago.

I updated my 'condensed rules' set to 1.08.08, and am in process to update it to the 1.08.09 version, will be done in a few days. Can post to the forums again...

To get an idea and see them updated thru 1.08.03, see my older condensed rules at...

tm.asp?m=3862472

My condensed rules don't have EVERY single detail of the rules in them (or every single errata detail), but they have all the important meat of the game, and done in a way that is far more easy to grasp than the normal manual, as the truly important things are extra highlighted. All the rules are also sorted out in a way that makes them much easier to read and follow. I find it invaluable to refer to in this way, over the standard manual. Plus, it has all the core errata stuff in it, where it should be in the rules.

I will be done with the latest condensed rules updated to 1.08.09 likely by this weekend. :)

Maybe we could make it a sticky this time?

Randy
:)

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”