Thank You Mark Gellis

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

mikmykWS

Thank You Mark Gellis

Post by mikmykWS »

I know I speak for the CMANO team when I say that we appreciate all the great things a number of CMANO player's do and Mark Gellis deserves some recognition. He's produced a ton of scenarios and is maintaining the Command Facebook group but his greatest quality is consistent positive attitude and ability to see the big picture. He adapts and adjusts his work evolving with the game which at the end of the day produces great scenarios and game experiences for you folks. It is attitudes like this that keep us inspired to do what we do.

Thanks Mark!

Mike
Dannyp19

RE: Thank You Mark Gellis

Post by Dannyp19 »

Agree 100% A great member of this forum. His scenario's always well done.
Lowlaner2012

Post by Lowlaner2012 »

I don't know Mark but if you say he is cool, then he is cool :)
Randomizer

Post by Randomizer »

Mark has contributed much to CMANO and this little bit of extra recognition certainly deserved. Thanks, Mark.

-C
comsubpac

Post by comsubpac »

Indeed, great work.
anxiousbob

Post by anxiousbob »

Mark is so incredibly prolific that I have no hope of ever playing through every scenario made for Command, and I think that's a great thing.
Zaslon

Post by Zaslon »

Kudos Mark. You are an example for all of us.

P.S. Glad to see, Mike, that behind your soft skin you hace nice words too.
Kids think about Iran and Amateurs think about Russia, but professionals think about China
skjold89

Post by skjold89 »

Yeah thanks, you make alot of good scenarios.
TurboRUSH

Post by TurboRUSH »

Couldn't agree more. Thank you uncle for your contributions to the community. Your scenarios are absolute first class.
mikkey

Post by mikkey »

I totally agree with Mike. Mark's scenarios are an excellent mix of units, conflicts, nations, time period and for me with the ideal size. Thanks Mark!
Mgellis

Post by Mgellis »

Thank you all for your kind words. They come at a very helpful time. As some of you know, my mother entered hospice a month ago. She passed away, thankfully with very little suffering, on Friday.

This might sound odd to people, but Command helped a little. For a long time, my mother was no longer able to manage her affairs, so I was at her house an hour or two every day taking care of her bills and correspondence and so on. She was comfortable, but she missed my father, who passed away in 2014 (they were married 68 years), and I knew (and she knew) that she was slowly getting worse. (She actually said, some months ago, "When what you're suffering from is old age, you don't get better.") When we got to the point that my mother was in home hospice and needed 24-hour care, I was at her house about eight hours a day, and sometimes more. At the end of the day, it was good to be able to lose myself for an hour or two in something totally unrelated like writing a scenario or researching Japan's Coast Guard.

Anyway, again, thanks for the kind words. They come at a very helpful time.
TurboRUSH

Post by TurboRUSH »

My condolences Mark. I am sorry to hear of your loss and wish you peace and comfort through your time of grief.
strykerpsg

Post by strykerpsg »

Thank you Mark for sharing your personal loss. I am very grateful for all that you've provided us in this great simulation and also wanted to convey my wish for your peace and solace during difficult times.
ashandresash

Post by ashandresash »

I'm sorry, Mark.

And all my gratitude for your work on CMANO and the great time you've made me have with this game.

ASH (Spain)
jun5896

Post by jun5896 »

Yes. This agreement deserves our full support. Thanks Mark for made many funny scenarios!
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

Thank you Mark for your invaluable contributions [8D]

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!
decaf

Post by decaf »

My deepest condolences, Mark. It's tough, I know, particularly around Mother's Day. Lost my mom to respiratory,
and my dad to Alzheimer's a few years back. It's a blessing there was very little suffering.

And, thanks, MUCH, for your scenarios.

All the best
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Mark, please accept our deepest condolences.

As so often happens, the worst things happen to the best people. You have been a pillar of the wargaming community for more than a decade IIRC and your attitude has been the one to measure against.

We are here for any form of support (moral, material or otherwise) you may need to get through this terrible grief. Please do not hesitate to ask, publicly or privately.

cdcool

Post by cdcool »

My condolences
If everything around you is blowing up..it's us
Primarchx

Post by Primarchx »

Great work, Mark!

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”