What are Current Flaws and Issues with 1.08.08?

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

rainman2015

What are Current Flaws and Issues with 1.08.08?

Post by rainman2015 »

Hi

We are about to start on a new campaign game using the 1.08.08 game. What are the current main issues, flaws to watch out for, maybe have a house rule for?

I have heard that night bombing is somehow overpowered for the Soviets now, but can't find anything in the new rules that would make that be so.

I know that there are still complaints about the casualties being too low overall, especially long term in the campaign, as the Germans tend to be too much towards full strength too long.

I have heard that the 3 air bombings per turn might need to go to 2 per turn per hex (maybe that should be the house rule?)

Anything else? Anything broken now that wasn't before? 1.08.08 good to use?

Thanks!
Randy
:)
Michael T

RE: What are Current Flaws and Issues with 1.08.08?

Post by Michael T »

If you haven't started yet you should wait for 1.08.09. It is due soon. It fixes a few issues. Like retreat losses in blizzard and limiting air bombing to 2 attacks per hex. Plus more.
charlie0311

Post by charlie0311 »

axis 27th xxx and 40th Pz xxx, now arrive assigned to 9th xxxx, used to be with OKH.

??? WAD?

thx
Icier

Post by Icier »

How's life up north!
What other little morsels are coming out in .09 & any idea when its due out?
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

Life up north is still warm, the never ending summer....

I am privy to beta patches but it's not up to me nor am I authorized to divulge detailed info. I do believe 1.08.09 will be released soon. I hope so as I want to begin my game with sillyflower.
charlie0311

Post by charlie0311 »

changes I mentioned were in .08.08. was wondering if still there for .09?
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

Unless something comes up to change things, .08 will probably become official tomorrow and the .09 will become public beta shortly thereafter (could be the same day). No promises, but both should be out this week.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
JamesM

Post by JamesM »

ORIGINAL: Joel Billings

Unless something comes up to change things, .08 will probably become official tomorrow and the .09 will become public beta shortly thereafter (could be the same day). No promises, but both should be out this week.

Thank for that news
morvael

Post by morvael »

ORIGINAL: charlie0311
axis 27th xxx and 40th Pz xxx, now arrive assigned to 9th xxxx, used to be with OKH.
??? WAD?

WAD, some assignments were not historically correct, and Denniss fixed that, though I don't have full details nor the references. I'm the code guy, Denniss is the data guy.
timmyab

Post by timmyab »

In reality I'm guessing that these corps would have been assigned to OKH and then Halder would have assigned them to 9th army. As the player is effectively the OKH commander in this game it should be up to him to assign these units.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”