Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Rail Transport Costs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Rail Transport Costs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Rail Transport Costs - 4/29/2016 5:35:04 AM   
Michael T

I thought I recalled seeing that rail costs for factories and maybe even units had increased since I last played, but now I can't find it anywhere.

Have rail costs increased in the last 2.5 years or so?

'Deus le Volt!'
------------------
Post #: 1
RE: Rail Transport Costs - 4/29/2016 5:42:04 AM   
Michael T

Don't worry, I see it has actually gone down rather than up.

'Deus le Volt!'
------------------

(in reply to Michael T)
Post #: 2
RE: Rail Transport Costs - 4/29/2016 8:22:57 AM   
RKhan

And you can now rail them out when the Germans have an adjacent unit.

RKhan

(in reply to Michael T)
Post #: 3
RE: Rail Transport Costs - 4/29/2016 9:42:36 AM   
Deserted Fox

If I remember correctly, since you last played, the cost for transporting units was doubled. Then a second change was made to reduce the rail cost of factories by 20%.

The over all effect is that the Russian's ability to rail out factories has been reduced due to less rail being made available after they have railed their necessary combat units.

Of course one could argue they have more capacity if they don't rail any land units. Though I wouldn't reccomend that as a viable strategy.

(in reply to RKhan)
Post #: 4
RE: Rail Transport Costs - 4/29/2016 10:17:42 AM   
ericv

@destertfox,

I don't think one has much choice, other than using all the railcapacity for factories.
I followed Sillyflower's AAR against Brian. Brian lost : Leningrad, Moscow, Kolomna, Kursk, Rostov, Stalino, Kharkov, Voroshilovgrad and everything west from that.
I noted the dates at which cities were lost, put that next to the railcapacity and the factories needing evacuation, and came to the inescapable conclusion that you need all the railcapacity just to evacuate the utmost necessary industry.

If done properly,one will be left with 200 HI, 300 AP, a loss of around 30 vehicle factories (that's just around 5 % of your vehicle production), half of the tank and il-2 and half of the mig 3 (which turn into Il-2). All the Li-2, and for the rest just 1 pnt of each plane factory.)

One could also opt for 1 Li-2 pnt, 1 KV-1 pnt, and 1 T-34 pnt from kharkov, enabling the evacuation of pretty much all the vehicle factories as well.

You just need all your rail capacity for that, leaving the cumbersome task of moving all the units by road. A lot of work, but it is managable.

More ground will probably be lost this way, but saving the industry has the highest priority, and pretty much all one can do against superstrong GHC players.

(in reply to Michael T)
Post #: 5
RE: Rail Transport Costs - 4/29/2016 10:19:12 AM   
ericv

of course, looking at the old Michael T AAR's, no evacuation scheme is of any help whatsoever, when in october 1941 fighting breaks out in the suburbs of Gorky, Kuybyshev and Stalingrad.

(in reply to ericv)
Post #: 6
RE: Rail Transport Costs - 4/29/2016 10:30:38 AM   
Michael T

I have found in the patch notes where the cost was reduced by 20% for factories.

Any clues where the increase in costs is located in the patch notes?

'Deus le Volt!'
------------------

(in reply to ericv)
Post #: 7
RE: Rail Transport Costs - 4/29/2016 10:49:32 AM   
morvael

Factory cost down since 1.08.08:
quote:

37. Reduced factory evacuation costs by 20% (rounding up). It will be now possible to evacuate factories from cities in enemy ZOC, but the cost to evacuate will be doubled.

Second part will work in 1.08.09:
quote:

11. Fixed a bug where factory evacuation wasn’t working for cities other than ports, when enemy unit was adjacent, as well as some interface bugs related to this.

Unit cost up since 1.08.05:
quote:

63. Element load cost divided by 5 (rounding up) will be taken into account when calculating unit load cost. Previously element load cost was not included in calculations.

It wasn't logical to have a King Tiger generate the same load cost as a rifle squad. I think rifle squad has load cost of 5, so I choose that divisor of 5 to keep rifle squads at the same level and scale heavier (and lighter) items properly.

(in reply to Michael T)
Post #: 8
RE: Rail Transport Costs - 4/29/2016 12:01:12 PM   
Michael T

Ok thanks

'Deus le Volt!'
------------------

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Rail Transport Costs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI