The next public beta for World in Flames (v18.104.22.168) is now available in the Members Club
Please check it out and note any new issues with the listed changes.
1. Enabled carrier air units to rebase within the hex in which they start the phase.
2. Fixed a problem with Head-to-head play where using surprise points to avoid a port attack was causing the game to halt.
3. Fixed a problem with air transport where an air transport that moved could move a second time. This bug could cause all sorts of difficulties. Also added checks to make sure an air transport wasn’t processed twice for determining all the possible destination hexes it could reach - which should significantly speed up processing in some cases.
4. Fixed a problem with multiple air-to-air combats sometimes leaving the air-to-air combat form with no active buttons when the last air-to-air combat is to be processed. Those circumstances had effectively halted the game.
5. Eliminated a spurious message about control of a factory changing when a partisan enters an enemy controlled city containing a factory.
6. Fixed an occasional problem with the program halting if overrun carriers containing carrier air units were destroyed - depending on other overrun units in the hex and the die rolls for the fate of those other units.
7. Added 4 lines of code to enforce the special rule that the USSR must satisfy FTC limits to enter hexes in China, even when those hexes are controlled by the Axis.
8. Added a check to avoid a possible non-fatal error when changing the sentry status of a convoy that had just been intercepted but chose to stop in the sea area.
9. Added another condition when calculating search rolls so that convoys which have aborted earlier in a given combat are not counted towards a search bonus for the other side.
10. Added code to check for Germany drawing an artillery unit in Libya for the Brute Force scenario so the railway gun isn’t drawn.
11. Added a check for the destination of a previously determined route matching the current destination for a resource as part of the validation routine for using an existing overseas route. Previously, the Production Planning routine, when validating an old route, was assuming the current destination was the same as the earlier one.
12. Enabled factories built by an incompletely conquered major power (e.g., Free France) to be placed in their new home country .
Peace: Conquest, Liberation, Surrender, Vichy France, Claims
13. Fixed a recently created bug in the creation of Vichy France with relocating units from more than one major power out of Metropolitan vichy France.
14. Added a check so militia and reserve units belonging to a minor country aligned to France only go into the setup tray for Vichy France (when that is declared) if France controls the unit. This avoids a problem with Ethiopian units (Ethiopia aligned to France and conquered by Italy - which built Ethiopian territorial units) being removed from the map. The same change prevents other non-French controlled units from being placed in the Setup Pool for Vichy France [this somehow once happened with US carrier air units appearing in the Setup Tray].
15. Added a special line of code so De Gaulle in Production never arrives as a Vichy French unit. Instead that unit goes into the French Force pool.
16. Added code so if Free France doesn’t exist after the creation of Vichy France, then the French Pacific Islands go to Vichy France regardless of the die roll for those territories. [I might change this later so New Caledonia et al become neutral under these circumstances. For now at least, these territories no longer are shown as belonging to Free France - which doesn’t exist.]
17. Fixed a problem with the number of units that a conquered United Kingdom can bring in as reinforcements in a turn so it is limited to 1.
18. Enabled saving the game once it is over.
19. Fixed a problem with processing Vichy France in restored saved games where Vichy France once existed but no longer exists.
20. Added a check to avoid a non-fatal error when restoring a saved setup while no detailed map exists.
21. Added a check to avoid a non-fatal error when selecting all the units in the Select Units form.
22. Added a check for the Naval Review Summary form to avoid a non-fatal error if there is no valid Display selected when the command to redefine the display is chosen from the popup menu.
23. Modified the Naval Review Details processing of clicks on units in the Transport column so they can be selected during the return to base phases to return to base. This also affects selecting those units in other phases for movement. The unusual processing for that column on the Naval Review Details form is the ability to selected transports and then potential land and air units for loading onto other naval units in the same hex/section box. For instance, carrier air units in a port can be selected from the Transport column and immediately placed on carriers in the port during the Setup and Reinforcement phases.
24. Added a check to prevent a non-fatal error when clicking on the menu item Next Unit in the Popup Unit Menu from a unit depiction not on the Detailed Map. In that circumstance, the unit itself may not even be on the map.
25. Added a check so the USSR cannot use an Offensive Chit to benefit Mao.
26. Added some checks to prevent non-fatal errors when quitting the game.
27. There were no NetPlay specific changes for this release. However, almost all of the changes made above affected NetPlay as well as Solitaire and Head-to-head play.