We have a new update ready for Public Beta. If you have registered your copy of War in the West, you can download the latest beta update from our Members Club.
This updates the base War in the West and the Operation Torch expansion.
V1.01.31 – 9 April 2016
New Features and Rule Changes
1. Interface change - Changed the way map zoom works. It will zoom around a mouse cursor position, not around current hex.
2. Interface change - Made the HQ unit selected when going to HQ from right panel.
3. Interface change - Lower level air HQs (ex. Fliegerkorps) will be listed after their parent air Hqs (LF) in air transfer mode (F10).
4. Rule Change - Allow regimental size non-support units to attach 1 support unit.
5. Rule Change - Added an extra delay for overrun air groups. They are put back to the national reserve in 3 turns (was immediate).
6. Rule Change - Withdrawing units are now set to supply priority 4 and this is not adjustable by the player. This is the one case where a combat unit can have a supply priority different from its HQ. This is necessary to allow the unit to build up to the 75% strength required for withdrawal.
7. Rule Change - Air Superiority AD’s now always execute before Naval Patrol flights.
8. Changes to Naval Interdiction missions:
a. Reduced efficiency of non-naval air groups for NI
b. Reduced efficiency of GP bombs for NI
c. Increased efficiency of mines/torpedoes/ASW weapons for NI
d. Improved automatic naval load out selection
e. Made it easier to reach lower NI and harder higher NI values
9. Changes to air game:
a. Increased high altitude fatigue gain.
b. Reduced flight altitude evade on very high altitudes.
c. Adjusted air flight altitude impact on air combat.
d. Adjusted flak code.
10. Fixes and improvements for the air navigation panel. (Mouse clicking should be faster in F10 mode.
11. Rule clarification - Units in the East Front box require less vehicles to carry supplies/fuel/ammo. Rebuilding units in the editor with a delay of 2000 (units starting in the EF box) will reflect this and will have a lower vehicle need.
12. Editor – Now allows the TOE OB upgrade to be set to 0.
13. Editor – Added a few elements of data to several of the CSV files.
14. Editor - Added ability to rebuild air bases based on aircraft located at the base.
1. Overrun air groups which fail to evacuate go to the national reserve with wrong pilot number setting, which is causing all planes to stay in reserve. Fixed.
2. Unit with insupply value of >=100 is not routing and surrendering instead. Fixed.
3. Fixed leader assignment bug where Germans saw Allied leaders in their list of leaders when replacing one of their leaders.
4. Fixed unit box display function.
5. Fixed factory filter bug.
6. Fixed inactive nationality names in editor.
7. Fixed unit box display function that could cause corrupted data.
8. Fixed unit selection bug in unit bar.
9. Fixed bug involving AD management features with r-click conflict with return path setting.
10. In some cases a units would not receive replacements in certain ground elements due to conflicts between the normal ground element upgrade function and the ground element swap out function (used when stockpiles are low and another element has high stockpiles of equipment). Case reported involved Canadian units not getting rifle squad or armored car replacements when they should have. Fixed.
11. Unit box items are not drawn in air directive setup mode. Fixed.
12. Fireback ground elements don't appear correctly on detailed combat screen. Fixed.
13. Fixed counter text overlap bug.
14. AFVs with build limit of 0 can get "produced" automatically out of ARM. Fixed.
15. Made a fix for the rail display in n-mode.
16. Editor CR screen - Resupplying airbases in Editor via Commanders Report "Editor functions" changes them to motorized
status. Same happens to FBD units. Fixed. (Resupply function won't alter motorization status)
17. Flights can be intercepted by planes with insufficient max altitude. Fixed.
18. Bombing from extremely high altitude can get unexpected accuracy boost. Fixed.
19. Air group fatigue is not recalculated after air execution (display issue). Fixed.
20. The value being shown for “vehicles from pool” in the unit supply detail screen was being divided by 2000. Fixed.
Data and Scenario Changes
1. General changes: Fixed damaged railyards spammed by existing depots, some invalid WA rail hexes in Bulgaria/Yugoslavia, neutral rail hexes in Soviet area, some ownership/control issues in soviet area, some locations with zero population and zero manpower fac (both set to 1), a polish location with pops but no manpower fac, addition of 3 railyards to Bratislava, Riga and Lvov. Also fixed Switzerland hexes in some scenarios to become Neutral again.
2. Many continuing general improvements, especially to production and to ground units, for the 45 Campaign, Westwall, Bulge to the Rhine, Op Dragoon and Breaching the Gothic Line scenarios.
3. Additional 1945 Campaign changes:
11th Army: set arrival hex in Germany
XII Corps: set arrival hex in Germany
XIII Corps: set arrival hex in Germany
XXXIX Pz Corps: set arrival hex in Germany
Barwalde Grenadier Div: renamed Baerwalde
Hermann Goring Panzer Div: Goring -> Goering
Koslin Inf Div: renamed Koeslin
2nd Hermann Goring PzG Div: Goring -> Goering
2nd Mountain Div: set arrival hex in northern Germany
34th Inf Div: fix links to parent unit
44th Grenadier Div: remove duplicate partial units
167th VG Div: set arrival hex in Germany
303rd Doberitz Inf Div: Doberitz -> Doeberitz
325th Jutland Inf Div: renamed plain 325th
III/1st Sturm (90th) SP Light Flak Bn: renamed to 90th SP Light Flak Bn, change to motorized
III/2nd Lehr Light Flak Bn: disabled, could not verify existence, likely duplicate of II/Lehr Light Flak
III/2nd Sturm (80th) SP Light Flak Bn: renamed to 80th SP Light Flak Bn, change to motorized
III/3rd Sturm (84th) SP Light Flak Bn: renamed to 84th SP Light Flak Bn, change to motorized
79th Light Flak Bn: change to motorized
87th Light Flak Bn: change to motorized
88th SP Light Flak Bn: disabled as duplicate of 88th Light Flak
95th Light Flak Bn: change to motorized
98th SP Light Flak Bn: change to motorized
99th SP Light Flak Bn: change to motorized
4. Breakout and Pursuit 44 changes:
1st US Infantry Div: changed to temp motorized with 34 movement points
Certain locations have damage removed from railyard or an undamaged size-1 railyard placed
5. Fixed two Allied air units in Battle to Tunisia scenario.
6. Ground element changes: M12 now upgrades to M40, German 105mm Flak load cost reduced from 9999 to 50.
7. Artillery type ground elements (generally those from 105mm to 155mm) have their combat value weight factor set to 1
(previously incorrectly set to 0).
8. Fixed the HT Mor (halftrack mortar) description and stats in the wfgtype.dat file.
9. Fixed weapon class of device 163 in the device file.
10. One revised photo.
11. Some updates to photos to be used by different equipment.
12. Aircraft data changes:
Most german Bf 110s and other multi-engine german fighters/night fighters changed to 'GE M-E Fighter' air profile
0002 He 111H-11: invalid weapon positions in unused slots removed, change F5W torpedo to F5B
0004 He 111H-16/R1: invalid weapon positions in unused slots removed
0006 Bf 109E-4/B: air profile changed from light bomber to S-E Fighter
0028 Do 17P: air profile chaned from Tac Recon to Strat Recon
0053 He 111H-6: invalid weapon position in set 2-4 slot 2, change F5W torpedo to F5B
0085 Ju 88A-17: delay F5W weapon sets to 9/43, invalid weapon positions in unused slots removed
0221 Potez 63 (RU): maxload up to 884, crew -1 (two-seater), fuel and speeds adjusted
0457 Ju 88C-6a - add Mine layouts
0459 Ju 188A-3 - some weapon set changes
0460 Ju 188F-2 - add another Mine layout, invalid weapon positions in multiple sets/slots
0473 He 111H-20: invalid weapon positions in unused slots removed
0569 Mustang I - maneuver +1 to 35 (undervalued)
0570 Mustang IA - maneuver +1 to 35 (undervalued)
0571 Mustang III: cruise speed -5 to 260 (sync with P-51B-10)
0613 Boston IV/V: delayed to 1/44
0614 Marauder III: delayed to 4/44
0618 Marauder I: add 19 more imports, upgrades to new Marauder II, ends 12/42; fwd guns to 1x .303, rear guns to 1x .50, side guns to 2x .303 in BR
0619 Mitchell II: delayed to 10/42, extended to 12/43, imports increased to 500 (all were at least initially used in ETO)
0620 Mitchell III: imports increased to 250, ends 1/45 now
0639 Halifax GR.II: remove imports from Halifax II
0664 Dakota - renamed Dakota III, delayed to 3/43, ends 8/44, upgrades to new Dakota IV, max alt down to 24100k feet, cruise speed +5 to 180, endurance +55 to 575
0666 Mustang I (PR): maneuver +1 to 35 (undervalued)
0686 P-38G: available 9/42, build limit -5 to 25
0687 P-38J: build limit +2 to 37
0689 F-5C Lightning:imports +200 to 600
0693 P-47D-25: ends 7/45, build limit +8 to 40, expansion +2 to 3
0694 A-36A: build limit -3 to 17, expansion -1 to 2 (reduced by in-unit aircraft arrivals)
0699 F-6A: invalid weapon positions in unused slots removed, maneuver +1 to 35 (undervalued), maxload increased to 1800
0700 F-6D Mustang: delayed to 6/44
0701 F-6C Mustang: delayed to 10/43, extended to 5/44, imports +50 to 130
0707 A-20G/K: ends a month earlier in 8/44, build limit +3 to 21
0709 B-25C: extended to 1/44, build limit +6 to 20
0710 B-25J: build limit -10 to 26 (main use in PTO), expansion -2 to 1
0712 B-26B/C: extended 4 months to 1/44, expansion +1 to 2, build limit +10 to 25
0713 B-26F/G: ends in 3/45 now, build limit +3 to 21
0715 A-26: available a month earlier, build limit +6 to 32
0717 B-17F: expansion -9 to 1 (slowly rising production reaching peak near end of run)
0718 B-17G: extended a month to 6/45, build limit +4 to 75, expansion -9 to 1 (starts at B-17F level, slowly rising to reach peak in ~12/43)
0720 B-24D: extended to 5/43, build limit -2 to 25, expansion -4 to 1
0721 B-24H/J - delayed to 6/43, build limit +6 to 50, expansion -4 to 1
0725 P-38F: available 5/42, ends 8/42, build limit +4 to 12
0731 C-47/53: renamed C-47A Skytrain, upgrades to new C-47B Skytrain, ends 5/44, endurance +55 to 575, cruise speed +5 to 180, max alt -1900 to 24100
0748 F-8 Mosquito: remove date from weapon set 3, set 5 had just one cam instead of 5
Minor updates to some french potez aircraft
xx NEW xx
0605 Marauder II - 123 B-26C imported in later 43
0665 Dakota IV - C-47B in CW service service, 350 imports
0732 C-47B Skytrain - C-47A with two-speed-supercharged engines and better alt performance albeit lower maxspeed