AAR Game ( Closed )

For non-server PBEM games, post here to look for an opponent.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

Hermann

AAR Game ( Closed )

Post by Hermann »

Looking For a qualified Opponent either side - I want to do a start to finish AAR so be prepared to fight it out to the end. I'm fairly conservative as German - Don't do Lvov Pocket and try to Keep my tank spearheads separated unless faced with VERY strong defenses. I'm tenacious in defense however. As Russian I will keep fighting unless the situation goes beyond hopeless. For me that's 200 divisions lost before 42. Willing to negotiate the usual agreements regarding naval landings and paras. Im open to random weather and don't use Russian bonuses as Russian or mild winter as German.
Kel

RE: AAR Game

Post by Kel »

You're amazing!
How many games are you playing simultaneously?
Kein Operationsplan reicht mit einiger Sicherheit
über das erste Zusammentreffen
mit der feindlichen Hauptmacht hinaus.
Hermann

Post by Hermann »

Not that many. Most go quickly theres a few I get hung up on and have to study for a day or 2. I've got another week or so before I start my new job then it gets a little tougher
mogami

Post by mogami »

Hi, I don't worry about paras or landings. I also don't worry about bombing (are Axis players worried about the Soviet airforce in 41/42?) Soviets just get used to being bombed. The game only lets you bomb a single target 3 times. Soviets bonus...well +1 attack stops Axis from pocketing using wore out weak formations making the ZOC around enemy. +1 defense stops Axis from steam rolling 70miles behind the front.
Both are countered by Axis player paying attention to C2 (keep units 4 or less hexes or 10 MP from HQ)
On early turns Axis can still do deep penetrations but has to be carefull once Soviets get organized.
Air units will bomb enemy forces using Naval transport/amph so keep a few airbases on guard where such nonsense is possible. I'm pretty much in favor of playing without rules. (you set them on options)
FOW on, HQ locked, Alt CV,
I'm experimenting with Axis but have done 100+ turns as Soviets so I've just about figured them out. I have not played against a human yet. Soviets in 41/42 don't have to worry about supply or fuel since they rarely move far and they are being pushed back onto their rail. It's a real game maker/breaker for Axis to mind their logistics early.

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!
MButtsworth

Post by MButtsworth »

Hello I would be happy to play a grand campaign as soviets.

Matthew
Hermann

Post by Hermann »

Some Axis players worry

Attachments
t11.jpg
t11.jpg (193.6 KiB) Viewed 86 times

Return to “Opponents Wanted”