Respectfully request Allied players abstain from viewing AAR.

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

AllenK

Respectfully request Allied players abstain from viewing AAR.

Post by AllenK »

Herr Chancellor Mayhemizer of Germany, El Duce Supremo Allenini of Italy and The Divine Emperor Allenito of Japan cordially invite the followers of the Grand Tripartite Alliance to this Axis Only AAR.

The AAR will be written from the Axis perspective to discuss ongoing strategy and tactics against the Allied commanders Lords Warspite1 and Orm. There may well be a parallel Allied Only AAR.

That being the case, we would request that those who wish to contribute guidance, advice or questions on strategy and tactics restrict themselves to following either the Axis AAR or the Allied one but not both in order to avoid any inadvertent breaches of OpSec.
AllenK

RE: 4 player E-mail: Axis Only AAR

Post by AllenK »

A communique is received in Rome.

To: El Duce Supremo.

I will do Fall Gelb. STOP. Hopefully take Spain and Gibraltar after that to make Italian game easier STOP. Germany will give build points to Italy so that they can build submarines and NAV and cause lost of damage to Allies STOP. Italy promises to bring land troops to France for partisan hunting?

AllenK

Post by AllenK »

To: Herr Chancellor Mayhemizer

I had an inkling you were itching to have a run on Gibraltar. In return for BP's, my grand legions will happily assist the mighty armies of Germany in their quest. Might I suggest the inclusion of Marines, Paras and ATR's in my builds?

To: Herr Chancellor.

Concerned your quest west may give USSR ideas about intervening in my sphere of influence. Will be seeking non-aggression pact with General Secretary CCCP Warspite.
Jagdtiger14

Post by Jagdtiger14 »

I understand this game will be played using 1d10. Very disappointing. At some point Warspite and Orm need to take off their training wheels. I could write more, but I'll stop there in my disappointment. I'll add this though: [:@]

Conflict with the unexpected: two qualities are indispensable; first, an intellect which, even in the midst of this obscurity, is not without some traces of inner light which lead to the truth; second, the courage to follow this faint light. KvC
Mayhemizer_slith

Post by Mayhemizer_slith »

To: The Divine Emperor.

I made a kind of secret deal with USSR. Let's try to keep them in the belief that we have nothing against them, until the time is right... Then we simply crush them, it will be a piece of cake. Just like pushing French army to sea.
If your attack is going really well, it's an ambush.

-Murphy's war law
Mayhemizer_slith

I don't think 1d10 is that much different from 2d10. I remember a topic where it was talked about from statistics perspective and 2d10 was found little more attacking friendly.

1d10 or 2d10, Paris will fall before Christmas 1939...

-Murphy's war law
Jagdtiger14

Post by Jagdtiger14 »

Concerned your quest west may give USSR ideas about intervening in my sphere of influence. Will be seeking non-aggression pact with General Secretary CCCP Warspite.

Be careful not to give away the geisha girl on this. It can be one structured as the deal with Germany (resources/build point(s)). USSR has a lot to fear from Japan (I'm itching to try my evil plan). USSR will not want to become encumbered with a Pacific front war when they have a bunch of things to clean up (Baltic States, Poland, Bessarabia, Finnish borderlands...and also Persia, and maybe more). All this takes time and resources. Mentioning what you already know: The Soviets begin very weak, neutral (limited in their movements). Normally Japan sends "peace keepers" to the Persian ports/oil. If you make a deal, get an excellent economic deal since a lot of resources and a factory would be in play if at war: 4 regular resources, 1 factory (BP) and at least 1 oil, probably 2 oil, possibly 3 oil.

Don't be in the frame of mind that you MUST make a deal (and a free hand in China is not a benefit you pay for since he wants a free hand as well).
Conflict with the unexpected: two qualities are indispensable; first, an intellect which, even in the midst of this obscurity, is not without some traces of inner light which lead to the truth; second, the courage to follow this faint light. KvC
Jagdtiger14

Post by Jagdtiger14 »

I don't think 1d10 is that much different from 2d10. I remember a topic where it was talked about from statistics perspective and 2d10 was found little more attacking friendly.

Yea, and that was all BS. 2d10 is the way to play this game, and its a LOT more attack friendly...but you'll experience the diff now for yourself.

I'm thinking you guys don't want to debate this on an AAR though.
AllenK

Post by AllenK »

ORIGINAL: Jagdtiger14

I understand this game will be played using 1d10. Very disappointing. At some point Warspite and Orm need to take off their training wheels. I could write more, but I'll stop there in my disappointment. I'll add this though: [:@]

Please refrain from making disparaging comments about those whose personal preference is to play the game using a different set of options to the ones you preach.

Posting them on an AAR the said gentlemen will not see and therefore cannot respond to, seems a particularly low way of doing business. However that was easily remedied.
AllenK

Post by AllenK »

To: Herr Chancellor

My diplomatic staff inform me our illustrious Comrade is in agreement in principle to a peace treaty between us. It appears negotiations are at a delicate stage around the numbers. Will keep you informed.

Regards

Allenito.
brian brian

Post by brian brian »

Are y'all testing some new code making major power economic boundaries a little more permeable? I hope so.
AllenK

Post by AllenK »

Won't the game allow a trade agreement between Japan and Russia?
Courtenay

Post by Courtenay »

ORIGINAL: AllenK

Won't the game allow a trade agreement between Japan and Russia?
Currently not implemented. The game does not yet allow any neutrality pacts aside from the Nazi-Soviet pact. It is on the list of things to be done, but don't hold your breath.

I am trying to decide which AAR to read. I think this will be my last post on this thread, as I think I will go with Orm and Warspite.

I only skimmed the messages already posted, so I am not sure of the plans; however, I did see this program question, which I do know the answer to.
I thought I knew how to play this game....
AllenK

Post by AllenK »

Thanks Courtenay,

You'll be missed.
Jagdtiger14

Post by Jagdtiger14 »

Please refrain from making disparaging comments about those whose personal preference is to play the game using a different set of options to the ones you preach. Posting them on an AAR the said gentlemen will not see and therefore cannot respond to, seems a particularly low way of doing business. However that was easily remedied.

I think you need to relax and not look for and to take offense so easily. Sorry if "training wheels" was too tough language [>:]. But It looks like you gave a disparaging comment right back at me: "the ones I preach". As for a particularly low way of doing business...Warspite had not yet begun the Allied AAR...and there is no joint AAR.

Too bad, I would have liked to have followed these AAR's. The two of you and not Warspite/Orm get to learn through experience the difference between the two combat systems.

AllenK

Post by AllenK »

Preach - to expound an earnestly held belief. Seems a pretty accurate description rather than anything disparaging. Oh well.
Jagdtiger14

Post by Jagdtiger14 »

Training wheels (stabilisers in British English): wheels that assist learners until they have developed a usable sense of balance. Seems a pretty accurate description rather than anything disparaging. Oh well.

FYI: Of course context is always critical to accurate communication.
AllenK

Post by AllenK »

Ah. Orm and Warspite1 choose to play with the 1d10 table so that makes them learners in need of assistance until they have developed a useable sense of balance. Somewhat of a presumption but I understand where you are coming from.
AllenK

Post by AllenK »

Herr Chancellor,

Reports on the latest Soviet troop dispositions indicate two main concentrations of forces. The first along the Rumanian border and the second along the Persian border.

It looks like Comrade Warspite may be thinking he will have time to take it while you are engaged in France and possibly anticipating your planned move against Spain and Gibraltar.

If Fall Gelb comes off as planned and Soviet forces are either still in Persia or elsewhere and not conducting garrison duties, a 1940 Barbarossa could be on the cards. You will be aware of the results of a recent simulation exercise which showed how devastating that could be on Russia. Best thing I can think of to delay USSR in Persia would be align with Japan and try and get a couple of units there. Trouble is, that will weaken things in China other than the Mar Div I think I could spare. That wouldn't get to Tehran but could sit on the only oil resource that can be railed back to Russia.

In the meantime, it is necessary to consider the disposition of Italian forces in Africa. I'm inclined to the Egyptian border to try and hold Wavell in Egypt, rather than him being shipped to France to enable a larger BEF. Your thoughts?
Mayhemizer_slith

Dear friends,

I'm not an expert to advice what do with Persia, but Japan can align Persia.

About Africa, how about deploying troops west and if CW takes HQ away from Egypt, invade with divisions. If the plan is to take Spain and Gibraltar, Italy should advance to west in Africa. If CW don't have good garrison in Gibraltar we can try to invade there. Germany can provide div or two for invasions, at some point we will take Greece anyway.

My previous game showed that Germany did not have time to combined as often as I wanted. So I will send resources and BP's so that Italy will have lots of submarines and NAV's.

-Murphy's war law

Return to “After Action Report”